Commercial Loan Underwriter
Company: Telhio Credit Union
Posted on: November 23, 2021
About the PositionThe Commercial Underwriter is the individual
that is responsible for the administration of underwriting quality
business loans, while providing quality service with solution
opportunities and decision response time consistently. The
Commercial Underwriter performs strategic planning in terms of
researching and evaluating loan programs, loan policy, and work
flow processes. This position provides department oversight ensures
procedures, training, tools and team talents are in place so
business loan approvals/ denials are within required timeframe and
approval limits, following all applicable state and federal
regulatory requirements as well Telhio's loan policy
- Perform all work in a manner, which upholds/embodies Telhio's
- Supervise the business underwriting department efficiently and
profitability by underwriting quality loans.
- Work to ensure loan policy guidelines are followed to ensure
consistency in loan approval/denials.
- Be creative and proactive in developing ideas to improve
financial performance and ensuring a sound loan portfolio.
- Works to ensure underwriting turn time commitments are
- Ensure underwriters are structuring loans appropriately.
- Providing quality service to internal customers through
undertaking risk assessment analysis of various types of lending
- Analyzing financial information such as balance sheets, income
and cash flow statements, and periodic financial reporting of all
- Perform loan and portfolio level stress testing of financial
results, collateral and credit variables.
- Develop models and methodologies of credit information to
predict patterns and trends using specific statistical
- Stay informed of regulatory, policy and procedural requirements
to ensure compliance throughout the underwriting and credit
- Keep well informed as to market conditions as it relates to
assessing risk in credit transactions.
- Liaising with other staff within the company, such as account
managers and product specialists to support the delivery of new and
expanded products and services to clients.
- Mentoring and Coaching other Department Team Members.
- Create and maintain an enjoyable and positive work environment
for the underwriting team.
- Evaluate all aspects of loan, including loan structure, loan
product and credit worthiness.
- Approve individual loan requests within loan authority.
- Review and Interpret Member Financial Data to approve, deny
and/ or recommend loan products.
- Loan Policy Development.
- Portfolio Management and Monitoring.Qualifications
- 2+ years experience underwriting.
- Experience with government guaranteed and credit enhanced
lending programs such as SBA 7A and 504 as well as USDA
- Direct experience with Buker's Tax Analysis and FSA analytical
software would be beneficial.
- Basic knowledge of credit administration, policy and
- Good knowledge of economics and finance.
- knowledge of risk analysis.
- Effective technical report writing skills.
- Ability to read and understand bank, financial statement and
tax return documents.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or
Statistics with a strong basis in financial accounting
- Talented in credit analysis supported by formal credit and cash
- Well developed skills in the use of proprietary or
non-proprietary analytical software.
- Have a valid and unexpired Ohio drivers license.
- Has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, oral and written.About
TelhioTelhio is a full service credit union offering our members
online banking, mobile apps, savings accounts, mortgages, and auto
loans. The credit union philosophy is helping people versus making
a profit, earnings are returned to the member-owners as higher
savings rates, lower loan rates, lower fees, more convenient
locations, new services, dividends, and more.We provide flexible
scheduling and intermittent work from home options, Health, Dental,
Vision Disability, & Life insurance, complemented by free gym
memberships for employees enrolled in our Health insurance. We
offer a matching, immediately vested 401(k) plan. Our generous
schedule for paid holidays, vacation and personal time allow you
the flexibility you need to maintain work-life balance; and we also
offer employee training and an Employee Assistance Program
(EAP).Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, you will need to have good manual dexterity
as well as speaking and hearing ability. This position requires
sitting; some reaching; standing; some stooping or kneeling. The
employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. It is
expected that the employee will read, compile, compute and record
numerical and statistical data. Must drive occasionally.This is a
Non-Collective Bargaining Unit.Telhio is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Telhio Credit Union, Columbus , Commercial Loan Underwriter, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!