Data Architect (Banking Exp.) - 100% Remote
Company: Conexess Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Sr. Data Architect, you will be responsible for articulating
and driving aspects of our real-time stream messaging data
strategy, as well as developing and validating the architecture and
solution design aligned to critical business capabilities. You will
provide technical expertise, guide, and mentor development teams on
methodologies, processes and best practices on cloud data
architectures, data science platforms, event-driven architecture,
and API-enabled data services in the mortgage finance business
- Lead, inspire, and influence to make sure your team is
successful. You will provide leadership, technical direction, and
oversight to multiple software engineering teams.
- Ensure a consistency of integrated technology design and
practices used across development teams.
- Contribute to the technology strategy, architectural vision,
integration, and problem solving across the platform teams.
- Strong desire to understand the root cause and details of
systems, get hands-on with code, data, and analysis to evaluate how
the team and the product are growing.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to think tactically and strategically.
- Able to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than
just short-term wins.
- Coaching and mentoring engineers.
- Ability to lead team learning events.
- Ability to anticipate and avoid operational problems.
- Confident in a leadership role. Respectful of others,
accepting, and leads with a We Care attitude.
- Articulate communicator and effective listener at all
- Cross-functional team building. Build relationships to improve
- Understands the greater good. Ability to develop win/win
- Intellectual curiosity, with an open-mind and tolerant of
- Willingness to experiment and try new methods.
- Experience in implementing innovation without disruption.
- Process improvement skills.
- Ability to disseminate and enforce best practices and
- Balanced judgement of impact and cost of programs.
- Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
Education And/or Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Technology, or
- Relational Database Administrator experience (SQL Server, Azure
SQL) particularly experience in index optimization, merge
processing optimization, database maintenance (index maintenance,
statistics maintenance, DBCC CHECKDB), deadlock resolution, and
database user and role security.
- 12+ years in a software development discipline, and a proven
track record of delivering solutions with increasing scope of
responsibilities and business impact.
- Demonstrated experience developing solutions that include:
Service-oriented and Event-driven architectures. Data stream
processing experience is required.
- Passionate about integration and platforms with a strong desire
for market leadership.
- Proven experience working with distributed engineering teams.
Technical knowledge to provide credible hands-on guidance to highly
- Hands on experience in application development, CI/CD, DevOps
principles, frameworks, and tools to simplify development via agile
methodologies. Knack for delivering business value iteratively to
customers in a continuous fashion.
- Experience running mission critical systems at scale in the
- Unafraid to try new technologies, arbitrate complex technical
discussions, and make challenging decisions.
- Great written and verbal communication skills, including
ability to present ideas to both technical and business
- A self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity and builds trusted
relationships. Has a "can do" attitude and entrepreneurial
resourcefulness in getting things done in a fast-paced
Required Technical Skills
- Good understanding of logical and physical relational database
design which includes.
- Database normalization.
- Standard modeling patterns (Silverston, Hay, Blaha).
- Good understanding of NoSQL modeling patterns.
- Document database modeling.
- Key-Value database modeling.
- Event streaming database modeling.
- Graph database.
- Column family store.
- Good understanding of Stream Processing architecture. (Kafka
experience is preferred)
- Understanding\openness to a polyglot persistence
- Microservices familiarity.
Keywords: Conexess Group, Columbus , Data Architect (Banking Exp.) - 100% Remote, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!