Sr Accounting Assistant
Company: NESCO Resource
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Performs non-repetitive and complex clerical accounting duties
that require familiarity with financial practices and procedures.
Reviews and prepares various reports; analyzes data, transactions
and invoices. Coordinates with outside parties to resolve payment
and transaction issues. Answers routine and non-routine questions;
maintains accurate, complete and current files.MAJOR
- Traces transactions through previous accounting actions to
determine source of discrepancies;
- Analyzes data, creates journal entries, performs cost
- Examines, codes, verifies, balances and reconciles various
kinds of transactions, listings, invoices, vouchers, trial balances
- Compiles documentation for governmental, regulatory or internal
- Contacts other staff and outside parties regularly to exchange
information or respond to business transactions; interacts with
others to resolve inquiries and complaints that may require
- Review statistical and numerical data for accuracy and
- Answer routine and non-routine questions and correspondence
with supervisor's agreement when necessary.
- Maintain accurate, complete and current files; sort, file,
locate, reorganize and retrieve materials.
- Independently compose correspondence for review; may require
supervisor sign off.
- Obtain appropriate approvals and signatures on documents.OTHER
- May communicate instructions from supervisor to others and
assist in the coordination and distribution of work.
- May provide training to other staff members.
- May calculate, reconcile and pay bills.
- May process billings for customers.
- May create or edit documents using electronic
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 2 years of relevant finance experience; or an equivalent
combination of education and/or experience in a related field.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with relevant finance
- Must possess strong communication skills, initiative and
ability to maintain working relationships with a broad range of
process owners and managers.NescoResource--and affiliates (Lehigh
G.I.T Inc, and--Callos--Resource, LLC) is an equal employment
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other
legally protected characteristics with respect to employment
Keywords: NESCO Resource, Columbus , Sr Accounting Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...