Chief Financial Officer
Company: MatchBuilt, LLC
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Chief Financial Officer Job Opening in Columbus, OHWe are
teaming up with a leading national homebuilder in Columbus, OH,
searching for a CFP. The CFO is responsible for all aspects of
financial strategy, financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting,
treasury management, and data-driven decision-making. The CFO also
develops and oversees IT, HR, tax, and risk management functions.
As part of the leadership team, the CFO infuses the corporate
culture established by the principals into every aspect of critical
decision-making. The team plays a crucial role in the growth
strategy, ensuring financial practices align with the business
objectives. - Local and non-local candidates will be considered.
This opportunity will allow you to work with some of the best /
brightest leadership in the homebuilding industry on a divisional
and corporate level. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for
personal and professional growth are considered top-tier with this
- Partners with banks/private equity to secure and structure
applicable financing needed for land acquisition, lot development,
home construction, and strategic growth opportunities.
- Oversees the development and monitoring of a cash management
plan developed by the operating team.
- Oversees the development and monitoring of the corporate budget
and the land and construction budgets for four regions, including
Columbus, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Indianapolis.
- Develops and communicates the approval process for corporate
and regional budget variances. -
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate financial
information to the principals and the l eadership team while
ensuring that corporate policies and procedures are carried out,
and assets are spent wisely.
- Collaborates closely with the leadership team to establish
internal policies and controls that promote the higher well-being
of the company relating to sales, purchasing, construction, land
acquisition and development, job starts, and closings.
- Ensure the company's books are prepared and closed within the
monthly, quarterly, and yearly guidelines and that the financial
statements accurately reflect the operations.
- E nsure compliance with all financial covenants as required by
company lenders and partners.
- Oversees the IT function and analyzes, improves, and implements
new policies and procedures to keep up with technology enhancements
and create more efficient operations.
- Oversee the human resources function to review recommended
benefits strategies, including monitoring costs of self-insured
medical plans, salaries, incentive plans, bonus calculations, and
fiduciary responsibilities for the 401K plan.
- Responsible for ensuring top talent resides in the finance and
accounting department to ensure all functional areas, including
general accounting, financing, and cash management, job and
corporate budgeting, payroll, taxes, and insurance, accounts
payable, auditing, human resources, and information technology are
operating according to best practices, approved policies, and
- Ensure the company is tax compliant with federal, state, and
local jurisdictions and files timely income, use, CAT, and payroll
- Oversee the company's financial and 401K audits with external
auditors and any federal and state tax audits.
- Oversee the company's risk management area to ensure the
company's assets and risk exposures are adequately insured.
- B.S. in Accounting and CPA required with Master's degree
- Five years of experience with a national public accounting firm
- 5-10 years of experience demonstrating progression in
responsibilities, preferably in the homebuilding industry -
- Extensive accounting and operations experience includes job
costing, general ledger accounting, and a strong understanding of
- Has a proven track record of creating and supporting a team
- Ability to lead and manage all assigned staff, including
establishing expectations, ensuring resources necessary for
success, coaching, promoting a positive and ethical work
environment, and holding staff accountable.
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities. Must be able to
present ideas, concepts, and technical strategies individually and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including
influencing, negotiating, and managing -complex interpersonal
- Strong work ethic, team player, collaborator, and ability to
maintain confidentiality. Industry Leading Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Health care with medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug
- 401(k) with company-matching contributionsJobStars Resume
Writing and Career Coaching Options
- ATS-friendly and visually appealing new resume
- LinkedIn profile optimization to complement your new
- Send your resume to 500+ recruiters across the country
MatchBuilt provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees, recruits, and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MatchBuilt
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company
has facilities and recruits. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.Statement of
Confidentiality:Privileged information such as resumes, current
employment, and personal details are treated with complete
confidentiality and will not be released without -your
Keywords: MatchBuilt, LLC, Columbus , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...