Financial Analyst, Commercial Solar
Company: IGS Energy
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Financial Analyst, Commercial SolarJob Summary
This role will be responsible for financial planning and analysis for the Emerging Businesses, including IGS Solar and IGS CNG Services. The position will perform financial budgeting, forecasting and analytical functions to support management planning, investment decisions and business operations, as well as reporting and compliance matters with third-party investment partners.
Areas of initial primary ownership and responsibility include, but are not limited to, Emerging Business revenues, operating expenses, and cash flow management. Special projects will also be assigned regularly. Responsibilities in these areas will include:
- Responsible for financial planning and analysis as well as reporting of certain key financial metrics for all Emerging Businesses. Responsibilities encompass the annual budgeting cycle, monthly forecast updates and monthly analysis of financial results compared to budget, forecast, and previous periods.
- Analyze financial information to produce financial forecasts and analytical models.
- Improve financial and operational performance by analyzing monthly results and variances, identifying trends and recommending actions and meeting with business partners on a regular basis. Work closely with external reporting analyst to provide data on actual results to third-party investors.
- Provide information for use by management and third-party investors by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; presenting findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Support the organization by maintaining budgets and forecasts, tracking financial performance and working with the accounting team to monitor variances to plan.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and perform financial analysis for special projects as needed.
- Develop effective models and techniques for financial forecasting and evaluation and consistently seek continuous improvement.
- Provide information to Accounting team to assist in their monthly close process, and year-end audits
- Partake in valuation process for Solar assets, helping external third-party evaluators determine fair market values for projects under the Cost, Market and Income approaches
- Work closely with business partners across all functional areas, as well as third-party investors, to provide meaningful data and reporting for managing assets, operations, and investments. Perform related ad hoc analyses and special projects as requested.
- Participate in the evaluation of existing processes to improve the performance, output and efficiency of assigned tasks. Assist with implementing new processes as needed.
- As necessary, assist in sales process of Residential and Commercial Solar assets to joint venture partners.
- Ongoing cross-training with other financial analysts to learn external reporting, compliance and debt service requirements.
- Participate and/or lead projects as required.
- Strong operational finance knowledge, analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent communicator with strong organizational and interpersonal skills necessary to interface with all levels of the Emerging Businesses, as well as external business partners.
- The ability to work independently through the use of initiative and self-motivation; while demonstrating strong ownership of assigned tasks, drive results with a sense of urgency relative to the end user.
- Excel in quickly conceptualizing and assimilating data to make decisions and take appropriate action.
- Sound business judgment and integrity with high attention to detail and work accuracy.
- Exceptional organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to think innovatively and aptitude for continuous improvement.
- Adaptability, with the ability to multitask and consistently meet deadlines in a face-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain a positive, can-do attitude.
- Exceptional team player that fosters a collaborative environment.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Experience in energy industry.
- Advanced user of MS Excel and other MS Office products.
- Continuous learner with desire to further job knowledge and personal development by participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations, reading professional publications, and building out personal networks.
- Able to take a leadership role in a project team to establish plans, coordinate team activities and assure successful completion of objectives.
- Exceptional organizational skills, follow through and multitasking abilities.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 2-4 years of accounting and/or finance experience preferred.
Keywords: IGS Energy, Columbus , Financial Analyst, Commercial Solar, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!