Office Administrative Assistant
Posted on: February 17, 2020
Office Administrative Assistant - InDesign/Adobe Proficient
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a
culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the
diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will
inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and
creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and
experiences that better connect people to each other as they live,
learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like
Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts
General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our
vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what's
next? Join us.
The role at a glance:
We are seeking an Office Administrative Assistant with 3 -5 years
of experience, whom is highly proficient in Adobe InDesign,
Illustrator, or Photoshop, and possesses excellent communication
skills with all internal and external stakeholders.
In your new role, you will:
- Multitask and manage reception area while juggling Columbus
leadership team graphics materials and tasks, in Adobe InDesign,
Illustrator, or Photoshop.
- Manage reception area and telephone, supporting 100+ employees
- Greet guests with an outgoing personal style, creating an
exceptional experience for all who enter the lobby.
- Provide hospitality and direction to clients and vendors who
arrive for meetings.
- Monitor visitor access, maintain security awareness, and lead
parking validation, including tracking and reconciliation.
- Facilitate and coordinate daily packages, deliveries, and
- Manage catering services, food and beverage delivery for client
meetings and office events.
- Assist with coordination with on-site vendors.
- Coordinate conference room scheduling and set up, including:
equipment, technology, supplies, and food.
- Assist with coordination of special event planning and
logistics for both, on-site and off-site events for the
- Assist with onboarding set up for new hires joining the
- Coordinate office moves/reorganization and set up of
workstations and materials.
- Interface and collaborate with various studios within the
office working in concert with the existing administrative staff in
- Liaise with assistants from multiple teams across the firm and
ensuring forward planning for meetings, events and deliverables
related to archiving and business card requests.
What you will need to succeed:
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated administrative support with
- Exceptional customer service skills, verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Expert computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel,
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator; Photoshop strongly
- Good judgment and critical thinking to apply a high standard of
professional excellence and technical expertise to tasks.
- Ability to work with a large and diverse group of creative
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized with ability to
- Ability to lift 30lbs.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This
means not only loving what you do but having pride in your
workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by
enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and
comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee
healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique
professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and
access to leading technology and resources to further help you love
your work and advance your career.
--- NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the
most innovative architecture firms.
--- Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in
Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around
--- We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a
deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate,
Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and
Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service
expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design,
Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and
--- In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from
leading global, national and regional award programs across the
business, real estate and design communities.
--- We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the
U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10
highest-ranked learning institutions.
--- Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge
University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive
our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work,
we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our
values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession,
our society and ourselves.
--- We exist to create enduring value for our clients and
--- We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward
leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
--- We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm - and
essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
--- We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash
--- We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through
listening, learning, and humility.
--- We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
--- We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share
what we know.
--- We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and
--- We all share in the realization of our "design, people,
business" triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence - and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions
from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited
materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual
candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the
right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any
financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are
interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please
contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.
Keywords: NBBJ, Columbus , Office Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!