Medical Receptionist/Admin Assistant
Company: Access Ohio, LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and
visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring
- Enter and update patient demographics in scheduling/EHR
- Screen patient insurance cards/information, informing patients
of whether we are in-network
- Schedule, enter and update patient appointments
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls, including client care
- Contact new patient referrals
- Complete account balance payments; co payments,
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of
patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule;
reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties;
answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and
retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and
updating personal and financial information.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of
personal and financial information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Communicate with colleagues to maintain smooth and efficient
day to day operations.
- Attendance, promptness, professionalism, the ability to pay
attention to detail, cooperativeness with co-workers and
supervisors, and politeness to customers, vendors, and
- Must successfully complete Ambulatory Skills Orientation upon
hire and annually thereafter.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 year experience preferred (Medical Office)
- Medical Assistant Diploma also preferred, but not required
- Proficient computer, keyboard and typing skills required
- Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service,
Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling,
Word Processing , Professionalism, Quality Focus
- EMR (Electronic Medical Record) experience preferredJob Type:
Full-timePay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hourBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Medical receptionist: 2 years (Preferred)Work Location:
- Multiple locationsWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: Multiple Locations
Keywords: Access Ohio, LLC, Columbus , Medical Receptionist/Admin Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!