Anchor/Reporter -Spectrum Networks- Columbus, OH
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and
driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering,
producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a
24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage
viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local
communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news
and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter
Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most
essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and
thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network
which requires employees who are flexible and available to work
various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and
Being on our team means You re ready to inspire and be inspired!
You re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to
flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely
accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and
abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local
communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an
ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive
attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to
multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under
What we re looking for: The Anchor/Reporter is responsible for
anchoring and reporting for an assigned newscast. The
Anchor/Reporter will research, enterprise, develop, write and edit
stories on deadline for recorded or live newscasts. Contributes to
special features and stories as well as participate in coordinating
coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
* Deliver newscasts and news reports in an engaging manner with
evaluation based poise; voice quality which is authoritative,
credible, and conversational.
* Pitch, enterprise, create and deliver local, original and
creative news stories using beat sources, community contacts and
* Build contacts and sources within the local community and
establish a community presence outside of the newscasts.
* Write own news copy for an assigned newscast or news series.
* Combine video, audio and graphics to tell the story
* Work independently and with assignment desk editors or production
staff in the newsgathering process.
* Research and analyze material through interview, observation and
determine angle or emphasis and write stories accordingly.
* Works with or without a Photojournalist to gather and edit
compelling video and captivating sound.
* Responsible for representing channel in a professional
* Engage with the community in public appearances.
* Work with and guide reporters and producers in newscast
* Strategically engage in social media.
* Fill-in Anchor for other newscasts outside regularly assigned
* Engage as a newsroom leader.
* Responsible for field reporting when not anchoring.
* May lead projects or have accountability for ongoing activities
or objectives; act as a resource for colleagues with less
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through
* Strong story development skills to submit original story ideas on
a daily basis
* Excellent news judgment
* Live shot experience required
* Must be able to develop sources, work a beat, and break
* Must have strong on-camera skills with the ability to read
* Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under
time pressure deadline
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
ability to clearly communicate solutions; ability to relate well
with diverse populations and age groups
* Ability to interface with internal company personnel
* Ad-lib capability and ability to handle breaking news on-air
* Must have editing skills
* Must be familiar with shooting video and using still photos to
* Must be adept at social media
* Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive
approach to problem solving
* Emphasis on reporting skills and anchoring skills
* Must be willing and able to drive a company vehicle to and from
assigned location while obeying all traffic laws
* Must obtain and maintain a valid driver s license for authorized
driving in the State of residence
* Must be able to work under time pressure deadlines and willing
and able to work different shifts or longer shifts due to
\\"breaking news\\" and severe weather emergencies. Willing and
able to work weekends and holidays
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in Journalism or related field or comparable
television work experience preferred
* 5+ years of Television news reporting including live shooting
* 3+ years of Anchoring
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We
expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to
feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude!
Roles may require the following:
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
* Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage
* Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail
phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or
other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and
power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe
weather, and schedule conflicts
* Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter
Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to
providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to
qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered
for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and
are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age,
religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any
other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with
applicable laws, including local ordinances.
Keywords: Spectrum, Columbus , Anchor/Reporter -Spectrum Networks- Columbus, OH, Advertising , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!