Marketing Specialist II- Remote
Company: Service Corporation International
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Marketing Specialist plays an integral role in promoting and
upholding brand strategy and effective messaging to reach our
target audiences of adults 55+ as they plan their final
arrangements. This position is responsible for concepting, managing
and delivering creative marketing projects for integrated marketing
campaigns, field requests, sales projects, and corporate projects
and initiatives in an accurate and timely manner.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIESCreative Project Management
- Working within existing brand strategy and guidelines for SCI
and the SCI brands, including Dignity Memorial -, determines and
provides creative direction for local consumer-facing print,
broadcast, social, outdoor, display and collateral projects.
- Writes copy and establishes specific messaging for field and
corporate spot projects, keeping within current brand strategy and
guidelines for SCI and SCI brands.
- Works closely with creative and field management teams to
assess individual project or market needs and provide effective
- Customizes existing agency-created templates to meet specific
- Manages creative projects from concept to fruition.
- Reviews and proofreads creative projects.
- Helps to maintain and enhance the SCI Ad Builder, a
field-facing self-service tool.
- Assists in developing new materials that can be used
- Assists in developing multicultural campaigns and
- Helps to coordinate translations and proof in-language
- Assists with brand marketing content for company intranet
- Understands and incorporates relevant consumer-research
findings into marketing projects, where applicable.
- Collaborates with other departments as needed to determine
common goals to create work in line with company vision, standards
- Assists AVP, Brand Marketing & Location Experience, Director of
Brand Marketing & Creative, and Sr. Manager of Field Brand
Marketing with creative projects as needed.
Brand Management and Quality Control
- Ensures that messaging and strategy of individual projects are
consistent with overall brand message and strategic positioning and
that all projects adhere to company rules and standards.
- Works closely with internal and external design teams to ensure
layouts are on target with regard to graphic brand guidelines for
SCI and SCI brands, including Dignity Memorial.
- Works closely with Brand Marketing Manager/Director and
Trafficking team to uphold comprehensive project management system
to ensure that timelines and schedules and accuracy checkpoints are
- Stays abreast of all federal registration specifics as they
pertain to brands, design marks, word marks and taglines.
- Stays informed of all state-specific legal requirements and
disclosures for marketing materials.
- Assists in cataloging and maintaining comprehensive filing
system for creative artwork, photography, logos and other creative
- Proofreads and fact-checks all work as necessary to ensure
accuracy and legal compliance.
Core / Critical CompetenciesDemonstrates a Commitment to Services
Excellence, Trustworthinessand Integrity
- Acts within and upholds the SCI Code of Conduct and Dignity
Promise Standards and demonstrates corporate values
- Is trusted by others; keeps commitments to others
- Promote Innovation
- Comes up with new ways to look at problems and processes in
- Able to initiate and present new marketing programs and
creative ideas to help the department and SCI field locations
- Achieve Results
- Works productively with minimal supervision; achieves work
objectives in a timely manner
- Works to resolve routine problems promptly and effectively
- Display Adaptability
- Is open to new and different ways to accomplish work
- Responds positively and productively to new initiatives or
changes in priorities
- Communicate Effectively
- Conveys facts and information clearly in written and spoken
- Shares viewpoints and information openly and listens
attentively to others' ideas and suggestions
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner with manager
- Collaborate with Others
- Proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help
others as needed
- Welcomes ideas and input from others
- Build Productive Relationships (Internal / External)
- Relates to others in open and helpful manner; consistently
treat others with respect
- Maintains composure in challenging situations
- Bachelor degree in marketing or a related field.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in an agency or
in-house marketing department, effectively developing, writing and
coordinating campaigns and collateral projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of brand significance and brand management
- Copywriting and copyediting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and knowledge of
graphic design software
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate
creatively with internal associates
- Experience in working with graphic designers, agencies and
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent proofreading abilities
- Senior marketing experience a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus
Work EnvironmentWhen considering the work environment associated
with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Hybrid workplace with remote and in-office work
- Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling
required (10% travel)
- Standard business-casual attire required
Work PosturesWhen considering the work postures associated with
this job, the following factors may apply:
- Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per
Physical DemandsWhen considering the physical demands associated
with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required,
includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
Work HoursWhen considering the work hours associated with this job,
the following factors may apply:
- Working a number of evenings every month.
Keywords: Service Corporation International, Columbus , Marketing Specialist II- Remote, Advertising , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!