Assistant Mens Lacrosse Coach
Company: Ohio Wesleyan University
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located
20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, invites applications
for the position of Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach. This is a
full-time, benefit eligible position.
The Assistant Coach is responsible for supporting the Head Coach in
all phases of Men's Lacrosse program. The Assistant Men's Lacrosse
Coach will provide support to the head coach focused in the areas
of recruiting, scouting and developing and executing social media
content. Additional duties will include but not limited to skill
development, academic advising, and mentoring, home game management
duties, organizing team travel including team meals on the road,
one on one and group instruction, summer camps/clinics, equipment
inventories, developing alumni contacts, as well as a secondary
assignment within the department.
It is also expected that the Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach embrace
the department mission of supporting the academic mission of the
university, developing student-athletes as contributors to the
greater community, creating opportunities for competitive success,
leading student-athletes to understand what it is like to be part
of something greater than oneself. A secondary assignment in the
athletic department will be required as well as other duties as
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous successful coaching experience
- Familiarity in recruiting collegiate student-athletes
- Articulated commitment to the highest standards of professional
and ethical behavior and to adhering to all rules and regulations
of Ohio Wesleyan University, the North Coast Athletic Conference,
and the NCAA.
- Effective written communication skills
- Student-centered focus
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification is required (and can be
completed after hire)
FACTORS CONTRIBUTING TO SUCCESS:
- Master's degree
- Ability to articulate the role that athletics plays in a
rigorous academic collegiate setting and the importance of academic
endeavors of student athletes
- Successful coaching experience at the college or university
- Successful recruiting experience at the college or university
level, with ability to identify and attract outstanding students
- Experience exhibiting the highest standards of professional and
ethical behavior and adhering to all rules and regulations of Ohio
Wesleyan University, the North Coast Athletic Conference, and the
- Effective oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Experience advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and
supporting students from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to actively foster a respectful, positive environment
that welcomes all persons.
- An appreciation for and willingness to engage with the mission
and aims of OWU.
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL INCLUDE:
1) Cover Letter
2) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
3) The names, titles, and contact information for three
WHAT WE OFFER:
Ohio Wesleyan University offers a rewarding place to work! To
discover why this should be your next work home, visit . Learn more
about our benefits at .
As an equal opportunity institution, OWU has a commitment to
diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We do not
discriminate on any basis including: race, religion, color,
culture, national origin, sex and/or sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, veteran
status, disability status, economic barriers, or any other legally
NOTE: Employment sponsorship is not available for this position.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States. OWU requires COVID-19 vaccination of all employees.
Candidates who accept offers of employment must be able to provide
proof of their vaccination status before their employment can be
Click to apply today!
Keywords: Ohio Wesleyan University, Columbus , Assistant Mens Lacrosse Coach, Education / Teaching , Delaware, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!