Early Childhood Motor Skills Education
Company: JumpBunch of Central Ohio
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionChildren's Sports and Fitness Coach
Now more than ever, kids need mentors to support, motivate and
inspire them! The pandemic has left so many kids feeling depressed,
trapped and anti-social. We are looking for coaches with big hearts
who want to provide opportunities and experiences to help these
kiddos get their joyous spirit and energy back!
Help us create a healthier, happier & brighter world by guiding
kids through fitness and movement-based activities! Our curriculum
focuses on fighting childhood obesity by teaching kids to care for
their physical and mental health through non-stop movement and
engaging physical fitness activities. Come join our team of coaches
who love what they do! Our coaches are happy, confident,
enthusiastic, creative, responsible & reliable.Coaches get to
introduce kids, ages 18-months to 12 years old, to over 75
different sports and fitness activities year-round! We provide the
equipment and lesson plans…all you need is a desire to make a
positive impact on the lives of kids!
This position part-time. Most new coaches be working 12-20
hours/week. Hours are mostly weekday-daytime hours with some
evening/Saturday hours available. Please make sure your current
financial situation supports this.
What you can expect from us:
- Constant support from mentors and other fellow coaches, helping
- Open, clear, and honest communication from management.
- Autonomy and independence while still being connected to a
- Opportunities to experience tremendous moments of joy through
witnessing children grow, learn and evolve.Our Instructors:
- Are experienced in teaching or coaching young children,
especially the 2-5 year age range
- Build a fun, cheery class environment with lots of smiles and
laughter. They know how to be silly and get kids to smile while
keeping a safe and structured program
- Show the maturity to work independently with minimal
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Properly complete all requested paperwork in a timely and
- Prepare for all classes by reviewing approved, age appropriate
lesson plans, music, and equipment.
- Set up and begin each class on time
- Properly instruct children in the use of our approved
curriculum and equipment
- Monitor attendance of all registered children
- Positively communicate with school Directors and Teachers
regarding all aspects of the classes
- Wear provided uniform shirts, and represent our company with
professional appearance and conduct
- Communicate with parents both verbally and in writing as needed
to report children's progress
- May participate in delivering birthday parties, special events,
and trial classes
- Participate as requested in training and meetings of the
- Provide own transportation with adequate auto insurance
coverage and transports all equipment necessary to execute weekly
- Demonstrate an ongoing passion for sports and/or fitnessPlease
apply for this job only if:
- You have a high school diploma.
- You have or can obtain a medical statement signed by a doctor
or nurse practitioner indicating you are fit for employment in this
setting and have updated immunizations. This will be required to be
completed during your training period and you will be responsible
for any expenses incurred.
- You can pass a state and federal fingerprint background check.
You will be required to complete a fingerprint background check
during your training period and JumpBunch will reimburse you for
the cost of the background check.
- You are in good physical condition and able to bend, kneel,
stoop, jump, jog, and otherwise move actively to execute a class.
Must be able to occasionally carry large amounts of equipment.
- You have reliable transportation.
- You are able to communicate with customers ranging from young
children to facility directors.
- You are prompt, reliable, and able to work independently with
no direct supervision.
- You possess an understanding of basic customer service
- You are interested only in part-time employment.
- You have a passion for sports and/or fitness.
- You have the patience and desire to teach young children.
- You are a serious applicant.
Keywords: JumpBunch of Central Ohio, Columbus , Early Childhood Motor Skills Education, Education / Teaching , Westerville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!