Soccer Instructor - Garver YMCA
Company: YMCA OF CENTRAL OHIO
Location: Canal Winchester
Posted on: November 20, 2023
- Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and
role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired
staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and
social responsibility in all job-related functions.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational
classes/practices/games, as directed by the supervisor, to
accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Answers questions from participants/parents to support them in
achieving their goals related to youth development. Maintains
working knowledge of sport/activity, and trends to provide
effective information and support to participants.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with students and
parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential
- Conveys information on sports/activity programs and schedules,
and as appropriate, refers participants and parents to other
- Keeps accurate class records (attendance & progress
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency
- Prepares and maintains field/gym area before and after program;
organizes and puts away class equipment; reports damaged
- Officiates sport/activity matches and games as scheduled.
- Assists in supervision of volunteers involved in sport or
activity. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance
vision, and depth perception.
Depending on the sport/activity, the employee may be frequently
exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work
environment can be loud.
- Passionate belief in the Y's cause of nurturing the potential
of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding
ways to help and support our neighbors.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segments of the community.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic
First Aid certification must be obtained within the first 60
- Must be at least 16 years old and have experience participating
in the area of instruction; previous experience instructing
Keywords: YMCA OF CENTRAL OHIO, Columbus , Soccer Instructor - Garver YMCA, Education / Teaching , Canal Winchester, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!