Unity SDK Engineer, Mobile
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Bad software is everywhere, and we're tired of it. Sentry is on
a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we
can get back to enjoying technology. With more than $67 million in
funding and 20,000 customers that believe we're on to something,
we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help
companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time
fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to
selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come
help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role As a Unity Engineer on our client infrastructure
(SDK) team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software
Engineers that is responsible for the client facing operation of
Sentry. You'll be driving the evolution of Sentry's monitoring
tools for Unity on all platforms. You'll take the lead in
developing a monitoring SDK to allow Unity users to take advantage
of all features that Sentry has to offer. We want Sentry Unity
users to have a great experience with Sentry within 15 minutes.
This role is about making Unity developers like you, have a great
experience developing and shipping high quality experiences that
delight. In this role you will:
- Develop first-class client library and editor integration for
- Work with the--team to write cross platform code, that targets
mobile, web, desktop and consoles.
- Puzzle over unique challenges in the fields of compilers,
debugging, engine internals, low-level optimization.
- Use a variety of programming languages, systems, and
technologies to own and solve problems related to platforms Unity
supports or that we use at Sentry (C# / Java / Objective-C / C++,
but also Python and TypeScript.)
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build
solutions that scale (we process over a billion events every
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of
your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both
peers and customers.
- Assist Customer Operations to resolve live customer issues when
bugs sneak into production caused by the SDKs. You'll love this job
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but
are also delightful to use.
- You build a product by developers for developers.
- You join a modern software development team that iterates and
ships code rapidly.
- You contribute to open source full-time - our product is
entirely Open Source.
- You work with collaborative, thoughtful engineers who push
themselves and others to do better. Qualifications
- 3+ years as a Software Engineer using Unity Engine
- Experience in developing for mobile platforms (iOS and/or
- Experience in programming languages used on mobile platforms
(Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, Swift)
- Bonus points for experience with maintaining open source
- Good written and spoken English communication skills.
- Live in the Vienna, Austria area or are willing to
- Have a valid work permit for EU / Austria.
- Contribute to an--open source product--used by almost a million
of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned--team--that--cares a lot
about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Pet friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF
- Relocation assistance Sentry values diversity and inclusivity
in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. We are obliged by law to quote the
minimum wage of EUR 58.926,-- gross per year for this position, in
accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The
salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market
situation and does significantly exceed it. Will you now or in the
future require visa sponsorship to work in Austria? --*
-- How did you hear about our job posting? --*
Women Who Code
Other job board
Keywords: Sentry, Columbus , Unity SDK Engineer, Mobile, Engineering , Vienna, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!