Senior Process Engineer - Columbus, OH
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Nourish the world and your
career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.Our Nutrition
business develops science-based nutrition products for people of
all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult
bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count
on our leading brands - including Similac--, PediaSure--,
Pedialyte--, Ensure--, Glucerna-- and ZonePerfect-- - to help get
the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life. WHAT YOU'LL
- Travel flexibility to support Third-Party Manufacturing (TPM)
locations and Capital Project planning and execution.
- Working with manufacturing sites and developing the cost
estimates for equipment installations for capital and expense
related to the corporate financial manual guidelines.
- Process engineering support will include site technical
assessments, technical transfer of product formulas and maintenance
of the formulas to Third-Party Manufacturing (TPM) locations
globally. Additionally, support of current product manufacturing
process improvements both in-house and externally will be
- Experience working with outside engineering and validation
firms and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) to obtain quotes
and cost estimates
- Prepare user requirements, validation master plans, FMEAs and
- Build and maintain schedules
- Communicate & present information in a clear concise manager to
Sr. Supply Chain Leadership
- Small scale product development trials of product formulations
or ingredient characterization and report/document on the
- Support site trials including scheduling, communication,
trouble shooting, and documentation
- Design of Experiment (DOE) knowledge
- Responsible for TPM process innovation deliverables into
project design and new product development reviews
- Provide technical support for complex product/process problem
troubleshooting efforts within ANSC & TPM operations.
- Support multiple, concurrent projects and programs by meeting
- Interface frequently within the organization and with some
external technical experts to establish networks.
- May supervise and/or mentor professional development program
(PDP) employees or college interns. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience.
- B.S. in engineering required
- Required ability to travel up to 50%.
- Experience/knowledge of cGMPs, nutritional/food manufacturing,
equipment installations is preferred
- Translatable experience: Injectable Pharmaceutical or Medical
- Disciplined and adaptable to work on a variety of projects from
engineering design to technical transfer.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work on cross
functional teams is critical.
- Ability to travel is required both US and Internationally.
- Ability to effectively analyze and summarize process and
product information (using statistical methods) to determine
solutions to production and quality issues.
- Knowledge of functional ingredient manufacturing (e.g.
proteins, emulsifiers), chemistry and food science is
- Applicable computer skills include MS Office applications, SAP,
AutoCAD. OSI PI Processbook, Qualtrend, LIMS, QDMS, ANSYS, Minitab
or equivalent. WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can have a good job
that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: Follow your career aspirations to
Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the
growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with
us at , on Facebook at and on
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Columbus , Senior Process Engineer - Columbus, OH, Engineering , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!