DevOps Engineer (US)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Cloudbeds is a travel SaaS technology company that works to make
the world a more welcoming place. Heavily leveraging Amazon Web
Services (AWS), we build advanced cloud-based hospitality software
for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and groups that manages
reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells
inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are
globally distributed across over 40 countries and, altogether, we
speak 30+ languages. How do we do it? We are a #remotefirst company
since our founding, and we allow every member of our team to work
from wherever they are around the globe. Were looking for people
who want to reinvent the world of hospitality tech and travel and
love to travel as much as we do.
As a DevOps Engineer at Cloudbeds, your goal is to constantly
improve and scale our SaaS platform to deliver an exceptional
experience to our customers. You will be responsible for the
creation, monitoring, and automation of services cloud
infrastructure and pipelines while enabling and collaborating with
product teams to efficiently deliver high-quality projects. You
will have endless opportunities for architecture design and
implementation within AWS cloud infrastructure in a largely
bottom-up and healthy debate team culture. As a DevOps Engineer,
you will help us in providing the highest quality full-stack
management solution for hotels, B&Bs, hostels, and vacation
rentals all over the world.
Location: US (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Architect and improve Cloudbeds infrastructure in AWS.
- Help build the Kubernetes platform.
- Automate the platform with infrastructure-as-code and
- Drive successful product and engineering projects to
- Support software development processes via CI/CD
- Evolve system security, reliability, scalability, performance,
Youll Succeed With:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer, working in AWS, GCP,
- 2+ years strong Experience in Kubernetes.
- Strong Experience with Docker methodologies and delivery.
- Strong Experience with monitoring, logging, and alerting
technologies (Datadog preferred, New Relic, Splunk).
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code methodologies such as
- Experience with designing, building, and supporting CI/CD
- Experience supporting production web applications on the scale
of hundreds to thousands of servers.
- Experience with web application servers (NGiNX, Apache),
databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Aurora), cache technologies
(Redis, Memcached), queue technologies (SQS).
- Experience with Kafka.
- Exceptional skills in linux system administration.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an
Nice to Haves:
- Experience implementing and scaling Elastic Kubernetes (EKS)
- Experience implementing blue/green and canary deployments.
- Experience with immutable AMIs/containers and deploys.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team with Jira.
- Experience working in a PCI-compliant environment.
- Experience creating auto-remediation workflows such as with
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an
open PTO policy, personal and professional development for
individual growth, and the opportunity to travel and work remotely
with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion,
well give you the support and opportunity to grow your career. If
you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies - Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work - Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work - HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020,
- Start-Ups to Watch - Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers - Forbes (2020)
- Technology Fast 500 - Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America - Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that
celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified
individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that
persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process or to perform essential job
functions please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or
via email at .
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Cloudbeds, Columbus , DevOps Engineer (US), Engineering , Ashville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!