Company: Lincoln Electric
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Lincoln Electric Automation, a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric,
specializes in supplying products such as ladles, sprayers,
extractors, finishing equipment, and turnkey robotic systems.
Req. ID: 20780
Position Summary: The Mechanical Engineer works with limited or no
direct supervision. Using established procedures, gathers and
correlates basic data and performs routine engineering duties
involving calculations and tests. Using procedures standard to the
company, designs mechanical parts of a project. Translates
technical information received from the Engineering Supervisor into
usable data applicable to engineering assignments; verifies
drawings for technical accuracy; evaluation, originality and/or
ingenuity is required.
- Must be familiar with Company quality objectives and play an
active role in reaching continuous improvement objectives.
- Be aware of the relevance and importance of their activities
and how they contribute to the achievement of quality
- Participate in the engineering design component of project
goals for Lincoln Electric Automation-Columbus
- Remain a competent, professional staff member capable of
meeting established production and quality goals in a timely and
- Utilize problem identification and resolution systems.
- Keep the Engineering Supervisor informed through timely
utilization of verbal and written reports.
- Designs, develops and tests projects as assigned by the
- Creates new and modifies existing drawings
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal skills,
- Relates well to others; works well in a team environment
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of
- Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
by the Engineering Supervisor
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred;
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or experience equivalent
will be considered.
- One year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good communication and organizational skills required
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed; travel is
Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S)
- Understand the Company's EHS Policy and how it relates to this
- Be aware of OSHA & EPA laws and regulations as well as the
Company's Plant Rules and Regulations that pertain to this
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner and observe
all company EHS procedures.
- Know that the company EHS procedures are located on the ISO
- Immediately notify the Supervisor if there is any safety
hazard, any equipment not operating correctly, or if there are any
questions regarding EHS procedures.
- Attend required EHS training
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Physical demands: Work is a mix of sedentary, standing and
walking. When testing equipment this individual may have to
occasionally lift 25 pounds and be able to reach, bend, squat and
stand. Using testing equipment, measuring devices, and tools
require manual dexterity and visual acuity. Traveling is minimal;
hours may be irregular.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is
ISO-14001: Complies with ISO 14001, and other relevant standards.
Support, implement and understand the intent of the EMS policy.
Participates with ISO-14001 as required.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with
over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40
manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to
continue this partnership and poised to grow with our
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new
generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with
being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great
time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from
third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of
Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager
of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric.
Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln
Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric
will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not
coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Wayne Trail Technologies (US76)
EOE, including disability/veterans
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Job Segment: Welding, Manufacturingby Jobble
Keywords: Lincoln Electric, Columbus , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!