Senior Process Engineer - Municipal Water (Chicago / St Louis / Columbus)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: May 16, 2022
DescriptionBurns & McDonnell's rapidly growing Global Water
Practice is in search of a Senior Muncipal Water/Wastewater Process
Engineer in its Midwest Region. Founded in 1898, Burns & McDonnell
is a 100% employee-owned firm ranked on FORTUNE's List of 100 Best
Companies to Work For and voted as a Best Place to Work in Atlanta,
Chicago, Denver, Houston, Kansas City, and St. Louis. Burns &
McDonnell's success, as well as its long list of awards and repeat
clients, is the result of the employee- owner culture and mission
to "Make Our Clients Successful".Responsibilities
- Leads the process design and execution of municipal water
and/or wastewater treatment projects.
- Opportunity to become Regional Treatment Plant subject matter
- Perform day-to-day process technical work, project planning,
managing scope, schedule, and budget of projects.
- Developing critical project objectives and performance goals,
interacting with clients on technical matter as needed.
- Support client development and technical sells, proposal
preparation and technical sale presentations; coordination with
- Expand career growth opportunities in quickly expanding
Regional and National Water Practice
- Plan, organize, and communicate project technical needs to
department management, mentor junior staff.
- Provide support to design-build project deliveries for water
and wastewater projects along with Burns & McDonnel
- Bachelor's degree in civil, chemical, or environmental
engineering from an ABET-accredited university. A master's degree
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on experience in designing chemical,
physical, and wastewater treatment systems; evaluating and
selecting treatment technologies; working with equipment vendors,
leading the design of water and/or wastewater treatment
- Have track record of water/wastewater treatment design
- Have strong knowledge of water and/or wastewater permitting and
- Understand Front End Planning phases project deliverables and
design-build deliveries of Water/Wastewater projects
- Knowledge of emerging contaminants and corresponding treatment
- Abilities to apply in-depth and diversified knowledge of water
and/or wastewater treatment principles and practices to a broad
area of assignments.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with
project teams and clients as well as strong analytical and
- Demonstrate technical leadership in the market sectors,
professional organizations, and publications.
- A professional engineer license is
EngineeringPrimary Location US-MO-Saint LouisOther Locations
US-IL-Chicago, US-OH-ColumbusSchedule: Full-timeTravel: Yes, 10 %
of the TimeReq ID: 211584\#LI-SS \#WTR
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Columbus , Senior Process Engineer - Municipal Water (Chicago / St Louis / Columbus), Engineering , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!