Project Engineer (Big Walnut)
Posted on: May 27, 2023
OBAYASHI CORPORATION is seeking qualified candidates with
experience in Tunneling and/or Underground Projects including TBM
tunnels, SEM tunnels, micro-tunneling, shafts, mining, other
underground structure and heavy civil construction projects. ROLE:
- - provide direction, supervise and coordination for heavy civil
projects (tunnels, bridges, mass transit) undertaken by Obayashi
Corporation to manage self-perform activities and coordinate
subcontractors' works. ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES: - - - - - - -
- Assist BD group in development of new opportunities and
evaluations of potential pursuits.
- Participate in the estimating and proposal process for the of
tender new projects. For JV projects works in conjunction with
partners to complete the tender package.
- Review project plans, specifications, estimating scopes and
pricing during project procurement period to develop means and
methods, scheduling, planning and design developments for project
- Assist with development of subcontractor scope packages and
- Works with Precon Group to ensure that the project schedule,
budget and work breakdown structure are developed and in place.
- Upon project award assists with transfer of project from
estimating group to the project team.
- Works with precon and project team to negotiate and establish
the terms and scope of work for subcontractor and supplier
- Develops engineering plans for project, including development
- Manage and direct engineering staff, and subcontractors to
achieve project requirements and goals.
- Supports overall project safety efforts and ensuring safety
standards are meet and exceeded.
- Supports overall Quality Control Program and assist in
implementation on jobsite.
- Coordinates and oversees project material purchasing.
- Oversees project required consultants and engineers.
- Ensures the project schedule is updated and establishes
procedures for measuring and monitoring delivery of materials and
progress by subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepares and deliveries required project reporting to home
- Oversees and manages purchasing of required project equipment.
- Assist in change management gathering information or developing
pricing for changes to the work.
- The responsibilities of this position include but are not
limited to those listed above and other duties may be assigned.
Education & Work Experience: -
- Minimum of BS degree in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 10+ years combined experience in construction/engineering for
tunneling, mining or underground works. Skills:
- Strong Computer Skills to include Microsoft Office, P6, and
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Bid Estimating Software and
Viewpoint Construction Software a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Attention to details and ability to recognize
- Able to work after hours, weekends and on call when
- May be located on site fulltime for specific projects.
- Traveling for meetings and site visits nationwide.
- Ability to walk and work on outdoor construction job
- Ability to carry and/or lift up to 40 lbs. About Obayashi
Obayashi Corporation has delivered quality solutions to
infrastructure challenges across the globe for more than 120 years.
Founded in 1892, Obayashi is the largest Japanese Contractor,
consistently ranked in the Top 20 ENR Global Contractors and is the
fourth largest International Contractor conducting business in the
United States. Obayashi has been operating and completing projects
in the United States since 1979. Obayashi provides a full range of
general contractor services in both public works and private
sectors including: office buildings, residences, tunnels, highways,
rail systems, bridges, artificial islands, airports and nuclear
power plants. Other services include urban planning and
architecture, real estate and property development, environmental,
and waste services. The North American Operations consolidated
revenue is over $1.2 billion in the United States and Canada.
Obayashi offers Competitive Market Salaries and Benefits Package
including Medical PPO Plan, Dental DPO Plan, vision, EAP, Life
Insurance & Disability and 401K Matching. Employee benefits are
100% covered by Obayashi and family coverage is covered at 80%.
Equal Opportunity Employer Obayashi Corporation is an equal
opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of
merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job.
Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race,
color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic
partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or
mental disability, medical condition including genetic
characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration
made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits
unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any
of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or
is perceived as having any of those characteristics. The Company is
committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal
employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons
involved in Company operations and prohibits unlawful
discrimination by any employee of the Company, including
supervisors and coworkers. To comply with applicable laws ensuring
equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a
disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the
known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified
individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee
unless undue hardship would result. If you need an accommodation to
complete the application process please contact the Human Resources
Department by either visiting Obayashi Corporation at 577 Airport
Blvd, Ste 600, Burlingame, CA 94010 or call (650) 952-4910.
Keywords: Obayashi, Columbus , Project Engineer (Big Walnut), Engineering , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...