Automation Sr. Engineer
Company: American Regent, Inc.
Location: New Albany
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Nature and scope
The Automation Sr. Engineer is responsible for operating and
maintaining Automation/Control systems that support all PharmaForce
facilities. The incumbent has responsibility for indirectly
supervising and directing internal resources as well as contract
service providers. The individual will be responsible for providing
Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for various Automation/Control
systems including PLC's, HMI's, SCADA, BAS/BMS, vision systems,
servo and motor controls, and associated infrastructure.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
A. Manage Automation/Control systems
- Technically review maintenance procedures.
- Prepare, maintain, and follow operating, security, and backup
procedures for the systems and associated processes to adhere to
cGMP's, company, local, and state requirements.
- Review metrics on the system.
- Support shut down activities and scheduling of PM/repair
- Increase Automotive/Control system performance through
identification of improvements.
- Monitor automation/control system performance through
identification of improvements.
- Monitor automation/control equipment operation and implement
corrective actions for out of specification operation and
- Optimize spare parts stocking program.
- Support Quality Assurance investigations of Automation/Control
- Coordinate breakdown repair activities and serve as customer
point of contact.
- Develop, conduct, and document test methods for systems
- Facilitate completion of change control documentation.
- Develop training modules; provide coaching/feedback to
develop/enhance technical personnel capabilities.
- Ensure effective and up to date training.
- Provide technical troubleshooting support to mechanics
responding to breakdowns. Manage Automation/Control Projects
- Work with the customers/end users to identify process
- Develop scope and estimates, and manage projects to
- Coordinate support activities such as equipment
reconfiguration, change over, replacement planning, etc.
- Develop and Maintain documentation including User Requirements
and Detailed Design Specifications.
- Manage contract and internal resources to execute
- Support factory Pre-Acceptance of equipment from an
- Maintain an up to date drawing of new and/or existing
equipment, systems and processes. Coordinate Handover of
Automation/Control Equipment from Engineering.
- Work with Engineering Team to review specifications and provide
- Accept/Create turnover packages and establish maintenance
- Support Qualification activities including protocol
- Position has responsibilities at multiple locations in central
- Perform any other tasks/duties as assigned by management.
- We all must embrace the QUALITY culture. Qualifications and
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering or a related
engineering field is required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Pharmaceutical or similar
regulated industry preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications,
including Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- Familiar with AutoCAD.
- Must be a creative thinker with good interpersonal relationship
skills, strong project management and process improvement skills,
as well as strong cross-functional teamwork skills.
- Job assignments are complex in nature and require excellent
planning, project leadership, technical skills, and communication
to be successful in meeting project objectives. The Automation
Engineer must be able to coordinate and resolve both interpersonal
and technical problems and work independently.
- Must have an understating of automation programming (visual
basic, C++, ladder logic, structured text, etc.)
- Ability to clearly and concisely express thoughts in written
procedures, protocols, and reports, to write procedures that
clearly define, required tasks, to proofread other's work for
accuracy, and to generate presentations/reports to explain and/or
analyze areas of responsibility.
- Comfortable working in production environment with multiple
priorities. Works effectively as a team member or team leader.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, acute
attention to detail, excellent time and project management skills,
and the drive to complete projects thoroughly is required, as is
the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-changing work
- Comfortable establishing culture of performance. Able to
effectively delegate while retaining oversight of important
- Role Models "can do" attitude. Reinforces positive approach in
daily group activities. Readily adapts to changing job duties.
Establishes culture that emphasizes responsiveness.
- Hands on ability to isolate problems and identify root causes
- Ability to acquire data, organize, analyze and reach accurate
- Working knowledge of statistical methods used to develop
- Ability to teach others how to fix things, analyze data to
identify trends and establish corrective actions.
- Understanding of engineering principles as they apply to
facility and production equipment. Understanding of maintenance
strategies and techniques. Understanding Continuous Improvement
- Experience with PLC's and SCADA systems and equipment. Specific
knowledge of Siemens Simatic, Rockwell MicroLogix, and FactoryTalk
is a plus. Ability to specify and configure control equipment.
- Must have an understanding of automation programming (visual
basic, C++, ladder logic, structured text, etc.) and demonstrated
ability to program and debug/troubleshoot existing code.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and understanding of cGMP, GDP,
and FDA requirements as they apply to automation. Experience with
regulatory interaction/auditing. Experience with Validation and
- Ability to understand mechanical layouts and
electrical/pneumatic schematics (P&ID's). Physical Environment
and Physical Requirements
- Physically able to wear cleanroom/protective gowning and
equipment, including but not limited to gowning, goggles, face
shields, and protective gloves. PPE is essential for the health and
safety of employees. #LI-JH1
American Regent celebrates diversity and we are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
American Regent Inc. endeavors to make
https://americanregent.com/Careers accessible to any and all users.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the application process,
please email email@example.com.
Keywords: American Regent, Inc., Columbus , Automation Sr. Engineer, Engineering , New Albany, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...