Design Engineer - Automotive
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Acquisition Specialist - Fleet Auto Components
**This is NOT an engineering design role**
Kelly Services is seeking a talented Acquisition Specialist in
Columbus, OH. The primary purpose of this role is to design,
specify and quote the requirements for vehicular equipment in
accordance with Company policies and Business Unit requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree plus 3 years'
experience in the acquisition and specification of fleet equipment.
This is a 1-year assignment with possibility of extension.
Position Summary: Specify requirements and quote the requirements
for vehicular equipment in accordance with Company policies and
Business Unit requirements. Partner with Business Units to assure
that all vehicles and related equipment meet required standards and
business needs. Oversee the manufacturers production processes to
assure vehicles and equipment meets the applicable specifications.
Make recommendations to improve the processes associated with the
design, specifications and quotes of vehicles and related
In this role you will:
- Specify and quote the requirements for vehicular equipment and
related components in accordance with documented compliance
requirements of Supply Chain and Fleet Services.
- Assist in the development of the annual bid package preparation
and the evaluation of bid quotations.
- Perform pre-paint on site vehicle/equipment inspections
according to company specifications and to ensure vendor
- Conduct pre-manufacturing/blueprint review meetings with
vendors and/or customers to assure compliance and needs.
- Partner with the end user groups and standardization committees
(system and regional) in the designing of equipment and vehicles to
support end user requirements.
- Maintain electronic files that contain blueprints, schematics,
catalogs, quotations, and specifications - to include yearly
updates of electronic version of equipment catalog.
- Ensure that all equipment specified, quoted and purchased
follow all Federal, State, Local, OSHA, ANSI, and company
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in identifying, resolving
and initiating solutions to inaccuracies with new Fleet
- Lead and/or facilitate special projects or other specialized
activities involving the Fleet organization, business unit partners
- Develop and recommend annual vehicle allocation list with
options and accessories consistent with established policies.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or technical field with a
minimum of 3 years of experience in the acquisition and
specification of fleet equipment
- OR Associates degree in a technical field with minimum of 5
years of experience in the acquisition and specification of fleet
- OR High school diploma / GED with 7 years of experience in the
acquisition and specification of fleet equipment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
and Lotus Notes. Travel required throughout AEP system
- Licenses/Certifications: CDL License preferred
As a Kelly employee, you'll have access to world-class perks,
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage
available to eligible employees
- *Group insurance options
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free
courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation Spending Accounts
*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are
not sponsored by Kelly Services.
*Important information: This position is recruited by a remote,
national, Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants
must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Services--, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the
100--- companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on
Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make
one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly
employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with
work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn
and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer
including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Columbus , Design Engineer - Automotive, Engineering , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!