Company: Courtyard Marriott OSU
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Courtyard Marriott Columbus OSU is currently
seeking a Sales Manager to join our team! The Sales Manager is
responsible for developing and fostering business by selling to
specific market segments to organizations throughout Ohio and the
U.S.. Duties may also include planning, detailing, finalizing
meeting agendas, managing accounts, conducting site inspections,
soliciting, and generating new and repeat business.
Responsibilities also include working with operations staff to
ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.Our attractive
compensation package includes medical, dental, vision, life, 401k
with match, STD, vacation, PTO, dining and travel discounts,
special offers from our business partners, and discount programs
for selected cell phone providers!Primary Responsibilities:
- Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through
various efforts including prospecting, outside sales call,
referrals, networking, etc. to maximize revenue.
- Respond to RFP's received via direct inquiries, third party
lead sites, internet/website, and walk-in leads.
- Ensure quick and efficient responses to customer inquiries and
comments to ensure quality experiences and enhance future sales
- Send proposals, collateral, and menus to inquiries.
- Attend all applicable daily, weekly and/or monthly department
meetings to ensure proper communication and planning.
- Ensure timely notification of customer communications with
other departments as needed.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts
to maintain and increase the market share.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all property offerings, food &
beverage minimums, room rentals, hotel rates, strategies,
discounts/promotions, meeting space layout and capacities, catering
menus with pricing and any in-house events taking place.
- Participate in trade shows, community, and professional
organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of
sales and revenue goals.
- Maintain accurate and legible records and files to provide
sales history and continuity of quality service. Log all activity
and follow up with clients in CRM.
- Fill in and support coworkers and team as needed to ensure
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned and
participate in task forces and committees as requested by
management. Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years sales experience, hotel experience strongly
- Strong understanding of negotiation and interpretation of
- Delphi.fdc/Amadeus Salesforce or experience with other CRM
- Proactive sales approach, assertive and fast paced, driven to
- Ability to communicate effectively with public and other Team
- Understanding of market segment, competitor's strengths,
weaknesses, economic trends, supply, and demandThe Courtyard
Marriott Columbus OSU is managed by Columbus Hospitality
Management, a company committed to providing quality service and
memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work
environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team
through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by
providing development opportunities. We are proud to be a Drug Free
Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a
background check prior to employment.
Keywords: Courtyard Marriott OSU, Columbus , Sales Manager, Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!