Lead Vendor Contracts Manager
Company: Verint Systems, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At Verint, we believe customer engagement is the core of every
global brand. Our mission is to help organizations discover
opportunities previously only scarcely imagined by connecting work,
data, and experiences enterprise wide. We hire innovators with the
passion, creativity, and drive to answer constantly shifting market
challenges and deliver impactful results for our customers. Our
commitment to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, and
engaged team creates a collaborative environment that openly
celebrates all cultures and affords personal and professional
growth opportunities. Learn more at www.verint.com Overview of Job
Function: This position is responsible for negotiating buy-side
contracts, transactions and other matters related to vendors, and
identifying and evaluating Verints needs regarding the business
model intended with that vendor. This position is also responsible
for reaching a consensus through cross functional collaboration
with business stakeholders, Procurement and the applicable vendors.
Also responsible for drafting clear and precise terms to accurately
reflect agreements; advise/counsel business stakeholders and
Procurement regarding contractual matters and understand all legal
and business concepts relating to technology and other relevant
agreements. The position will require an understanding of Verints
business, maintaining a clear understanding of Verints policies,
and be capable of assessing and securing proper protections for
Verint to align with risk management objectives. Principal Duties
and Essential Responsibilities:
- Drive and manage negotiations of extremely complex agreements
and other legal documents with minimal management involvement.
- Prepare drafts of agreements, amendments, addenda, contractual
terms and exhibits of extreme complexity and those that are
- Review, verify and finalize extraordinary provisions with
- Advise and provide counsel to business stakeholders and
Procurement on contractual issues.
- Counsel business stakeholders and Procurement on how to handle
unique situations not previously encountered.
- Manage, review, verify and maintain required approvals for
- Maintain broad current knowledge of general procurement,
technology procurement terms and conditions, and understanding of
how relevant agreements interrelate, impact and support our
sell-side contracting requirements.
- Participate in periodic reviews of Verints Procurement form
agreements with the relevant cross functional teams to ensure
alignment of terms with practices.
- Challenge assumptions and interrogate opportunities to ensure
business terms are fully understood and defined, all with a
- Manage and participate in complex projects as assigned.
- Effectively mentor team members. Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work
- 10+ years of negotiating and drafting buy-side software
licensing, SaaS, and IP agreements.
- Fundamental understanding of cost-accounting relative to
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, in
high-stress situations, and prioritize workload.
- Decision making and problem solving: Approaches problems and
challenges systematically; analyzes and identifies alternative
solutions. Demonstrates resourcefulness in making decisions while
taking both long and short-term implications into account.
Exercises good judgment.
- Strong presentation, leadership and team building skills while
maintaining a professional manner, trust and respect.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively across the
organization, including with upper management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and detail-oriented skills.
- Takes and provides direction and initiative.
- May require domestic travel on occasion for business
- Successful completion of a background screening process
including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal
search, OFAC, SS Verification, as well as credit and drug
screening, where applicable and in accordance with federal and
local regulations. Preferred Requirements:
- International transactional experience. LI-BS1
Keywords: Verint Systems, Inc., Columbus , Lead Vendor Contracts Manager, Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!