Civil Engineering Manager
Company: System One
Posted on: September 24, 2022
- Will be responsible for a staff of 5+ engineers and EITs, with
group growth expected.
- Establishes employee performance goals, provides regular
feedback and works with assigned technical team members to achieve
- Mentors and coaches their direct reports.
- Able to direct engineering work to staff and assist when
- Able to run civil engineering projects including: staffing,
- Able to perform quality reviews on civil engineering
- Communicates with the Energy Market Practice Leaders and
Project Managers on technical staff resource planning and ensures
team resource planning is maintained.
- Runs weekly resource planning meeting and communicates,
directs, and delegates execution of technical tasks to and among
technical team members.
- Communicates issues affecting technical task work quality,
project schedule, or budget and escalates unresolved issues to a
higher level as needed.
- Clarifies performance expectations of task deliverables.
- Posts job requisitions, interviews, and hires technical team
- Identifies plan vs. actual performance variances. Provides
monthly reporting of resource planning, percent completes, budget
dollar variance and market communications. Requirements:
- Desire for personal leadership development.
- BA/BS in civil engineering, or related technical design
- Experience in ANY of the below, with broader experience a plus.
- Site Civil (Grading/Drainage)
- Electric transmission (Horizontal layout/profiles)
- Clean energy
- Underground utilities, or other related work.
- A minimum of 6+ years professional experience preferred.
- Professional Engineering license preferred or the ability to
obtain one within a year of employment.
- Must be able to make sound decisions/recommendations based on
the evaluation and synthesis of project information and data.
- Must possess strong organizational skills to successfully
manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Must be comfortable taking initiative to interact with others
and resolve conflicts.
- While committed to team efforts, must be willing to act
independently. A strong sense of personal responsibility for
deadlines and work product is a must.
- Must write clearly, including grammar, spelling, and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil3D required.
Experience with MicroStation preferred but not required.
Keywords: System One, Columbus , Civil Engineering Manager, Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!