Managing Director, IT Global Professional Services
Posted on: September 24, 2022
General Summary The Managing Director provides leadership and
oversight to the Engineering & IT (E&IT) Professional Services
team to deliver implementations globally. Managing Director
contributes to our product portfolio with reliable, scalable, and
innovative 3PL E&IT solutions supporting various customers. -
Working in collaboration with the broader FedEx Supply Chain
E&IT organization, the role is responsible for partnering to
drive customer centric solutions to market. Primary
- Direct the work of all FedEx Supply Chain IT implementation
teams to facilitate completion of required customer implementations
globally for FSC business verticals.
- Strong partnership with business teams to ensure timely
customer value delivery for current and new customers globally
- Provides leadership to the E&IT organization by focusing on
creating a positive culture based in People Service Profit.
- Leads and encourages the adoption and usage of Quality Driven
Management in all aspects of work process and product
- Serve as a member and contributor of the E&IT leadership
team to drive the vision for E&IT and implement key strategies
to support architectural and led business driven solutions.
- Supports the development and implementation of policies and
procedures to aid in demand management, prioritization and
sequencing of customer needs, programs, and projects
- Establish and monitor system Key Performance Indicators and
Service Level Agreements to ensure system reliability and customer
satisfaction, including processes and procedures for incident and
- Develop business cases to support funding and prioritization of
key business initiatives.
- Work with the E&IT Infrastructure, E&IT Operation and
business teams to implement resilient and highly available systems,
with strong business continuity / disaster recovery plans to ensure
timely customer value delivery.
- Partner with the Information Security function to embed the
information security mindset in team members and ensure all
Information Security standards are met
- Collaborate with sourcing and other key FedEx Services E&IT
teams for Vendor, product, software and service evaluations.
- Create and maintain relationships with key vendors and 3rd
party software and service providers.
- Ensure that proper procedures and policies are implemented to
guarantee regulatory compliance, including that for both
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Payment Card Industry (PCI)
- Actively participates in leadership development activities,
including succession planning, coaching, and individual development
planning within span of control.
- Ensure FedEx brand standards are upheld, particularly in the
delivery of customer facing software and WMS solutions. - You might
be a great fit if---. Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science,
Information Systems, Business or related field and 15+ years of
relevant experience. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years of proven management experience in a 3PL
or transportation environment responsible for leading systems
development, customer relationships, P&L, continuous
improvement, and talent management.
- Global 3PL implementation experience desired.
- Strong executive presence, and demonstrated ability to
influence effectively at multiple levels, to gain buy-in and
support of key strategies and initiatives
- Demonstrated self-confidence, particularly with client
relationships; strong relationship building skills and active
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, teammates, customers, and the general
- A proven track record of mentoring and developing direct
reports and subordinates
- Understanding of agile principles and methodologies
- Results oriented, highly motivated, and technical/functional
fluent in all aspects of software design and development Customer
service driven Strong collaboration skills Experience leading,
communicating and managing a globally dispersed team
Physical/Cognitive Requirements With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and
procedures. Ability to read, write and interpret information.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day
- Interpersonal Effectiveness - Have positive and dynamic
management style, combined with superior communication skills and
high credibility; able to gain followership and attain buy-in from
internal stakeholders; capable of successfully navigating a complex
- Business Knowledge - Thorough understanding of relationships
among markets, customers, competitors, and financials, develops
plans and ensures resources are in place to support the Company's
- Change Management - Acts as a change agent looking for
opportunities to continually improve processes and workplace.
Values innovation, encourages creativity among teammates, and is
willing to take calculated risk to make positive change happen.
Regularly elicits new ideas from teammates and actively involves
him/her and others in change to ensure cooperation and
- Talent Development and Management - Be a "player-coach" and
proven manager/developer of people; capable of hiring, managing,
developing and motivating strong teams.
- Results Oriented - Possess a collaborative, yet relentless
approach to process improvement and team management in order to
achieve best in class results, especially around cost, cycle
time/throughput, and customer service.
- Customer Management - Develop, foster and grow positive and
professional relationships with executive level customers and
colleagues. Enterprise Mindset - Possesses an understanding of a
broad corporate enterprise and how to form partnerships and
navigate processes to achieve desired results Working Conditions
Condition will be mainly in an office environment with occasional
work in warehouse environment. Also, frequent overnight travel for
extended periods of time will be required. ADA The Company is
committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities in accordance with the ADA and any
other applicable federal, state, or local laws. - If you require an
accommodation to perform the job, now or in the future, please
contact your Human Resources Representative. - Upon request, Human
Resources will engage in an interactive process with you to
determine whether or not a reasonable accommodation is available.
Disclaimer The above information is only an illustration of the
general nature and level of work performed by the teammate within
this classification. - The omission of specific statements of
duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job
description does not constitute an employment agreement between
FedEx Supply Chain and teammate and is subject to change by FedEx
Supply Chain as the needs of FedEx Supply Chain and requirements of
the job change. - Job ID: 44884
Keywords: FedEx, Columbus , Managing Director, IT Global Professional Services, Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!