Company: RDP Foodservice LTD
Posted on: September 24, 2022
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CATEGORY MANAGER
The Category Manager is responsible for providing insight and
recommendations to enhance the purchasing of RDP's disposable
product assortment to improve sales, operations, and
profitability.CATEGORY MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Collaborate with sales and merchandising to continuously
improve results to maximize purchasing opportunities and customer
- Works with sales on solutions for restaurant operators, and
marketing to promote sales initiatives.
- Develop category strategies that drive product cost reduction
and optimize inventory turns.
- Analyze data or insights to determine products trends.
- Communicates directly with local RDP supplier and brokers.
- Foster trust relationships with suppliers and brokers to
achieve better pricing and quality of service.
- Participate in local supplier negotiations.
- Recommend changes and actions to management by providing
fact-based, data-driven guidance aimed at enhancing category
effectiveness and performance by conducting product assortment
review and analysis by category and identifying top performing
- Supports inventory depletions, new items and vendor
creations.CATEGORY MANAGER JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 3 to 5 years' experience as a category manager or similar role
working within a wholesale or foodservice distribution
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing, and sales
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (ie. pivot tables, formula
- Strong supplier negotiation skills and ability to form a
professional relationship with suppliers and vendors
- Systems oriented, enjoys working with new tools and
- Good verbal and written communication skills, strong
interpersonal and analytical skillsOur Category Manager will be
given a salary to commensurate with experience. Also, full-time
employees enjoy comprehensive benefits including medical insurance
with employee contribution, a company-paid $25,000 employee life
insurance policy, paid time off (PTO), and a 401(k)-program option
with company match.WORK SCHEDULE
This position is located in our corporate office in Hilliard, OH.
Schedule is Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm.
RDP Foodservice provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: RDP Foodservice LTD, Columbus , Category Manager, Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!