Senior Operational Excellence Manager- Continuous Skills Development
Company: T. Marzetti Company
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The "Sr. Operational Excellence Manager - CSD Leader" is
responsible to define and implement the standards for competency
development at Marzetti Operations and drive the strategy to
continuously improve a vertical and effective on-boarding program
for associates in all levels. Promote the integration of Operations
Excellence practices in all corporate and plant roles in the most
effective and efficient manner. Overall Corporate (Operations)
coordination of "CSD"/Education & Training and "Leadership
Development" pillar practices. - -This serves as a change agent and
coach for the Plant HR managers / CSD Pillar Leaders and the
extended leadership network on effective deployment and execution.
- This role is based out of the corporate office located in
Columbus, Ohio or can also be remote. Frequent (-75%) travel to
plant locations in the U.S.
- Lead the corporate CSD Pillar and its foundations as part of
the Marzetti Operations Excellence
- Define, manage, and communicate MOE ("Continuous Skills
development" and "Leadership Development" Pillars) rollout plans
for the company / business needs
- Owns all associated CSD/LDV systems and tools effectiveness,
i.e., (Effective on-boarding, Competency Matrices, learning
solutions, technical training centers, change management) including
their integration into Daily Routines as well as other systems,
tools, processes as they relate to the pillar and Operations
- Responsible for implementing and leading the CSD pillar and the
Leadership Development foundation across a 15-site network and
building a network of strong SME's / pillar owners in each site to
drive the change
- Implement a process to assure effective best practice sharing
and accelerate mutual progress
- Own the development and execution of a key part of the overall
"Marzetti Operations Excellence" roadmap implementation across the
USA to deliver business results in all SQPCDM areas
- Provides internal coaching to site leadership teams on "MOE"
system implementation to make breakthrough improvements on OEE/Site
Capacity and Cost optimization. Strong skills in clearly
communicating the why (intent) and the how (execution)
- Drive productivity and efficiency gains through the reduction
of Method and competency losses to contribute to yearly cost
optimization, productivity and critical OEE goals.
- Responsible to establish a culture of empowerment and rigor
through the CSD Pillar governance and measures at all levels
through operational reviews.
- Overall management of the company deployment of a digital
competence management platform and development of a strategy for a
standard work for front-line leaders.
- Develop and implement CSD training, coaching and assessment
planning according to roll-out plans (as part of MOE initiatives)
and in line with critical corporate priorities.
- Deliver appropriate training and coaching to transfer CSD
knowledge to plant Pillar leaders; perform regular coaching visits
to the plants, to ensure the correct application of methods and
- Coach and mentor plant OPEX leads on "MOE" strategy &
implementation, best practices, and role of a OPEX manager in a TPM
- Benchmark internally and externally. Be familiar with and drive
the organization toward standards that exceed recognized industry
- Key Partner in Selecting, training, and managing resources
within the Operations and Plants CSD Pillar leads.
- Develop a capability building strategy and its training
solutions to advance critical competences across the workforce and
to infuse a continuous improvement culture across all levels of the
organization. Driving the overall design of MOE training curriculum
to drive the aligned competency development framework.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain
required. A Master's degree is a plus
- Proven experience in strategic and practical aspects of
Training & Learning. Experience in adult education.
- Experience in competency building in a multi-cultural
- Experience in managing people and initiatives remotely
- Solid and practical experience in the implementation of "World
Class Continuous improvement initiatives" in a factory and in a
- Manufacturing leadership experience in positions of increasing
responsibility demonstrating excellence in results delivery and
standardization of processes.
- Strong experience with JIPM certification, six sigma
certification and/or TPM demonstrated mastery preferred. - -
- You will have a minimum of 7 years working experience working
in manufacturing or other related industry in operations or
continuous improvement roles.
- Expert certified trainer and coach desired.
- 7+ years of supervisory experience preferred. - -
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Effective communication skills and ability to be well
Lancaster Colony Corporation and its wholly owned subsidiary T.
Marzetti Company are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for
all associates without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender
identity. It is our goal to provide opportunities that nourish the
growth of each individual team member.
Keywords: T. Marzetti Company, Columbus , Senior Operational Excellence Manager- Continuous Skills Development, Executive , Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!