Senior Operational Excellence Manager- Focused Improvement
Company: T. Marzetti Company
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The "Sr. Operational Excellence Manager - FI Pillar Leader" is
responsible for the successful implementation of the FI Pillar and
its foundations across all the Marzetti plants and the corporate
office. - This serves as a change agent and coach for the Site
Plant manager, Plant FI Pillar Leaders, Controllers and the
extended leadership network on effective deployment and execution.
- This role is based out of the corporate office located in
Columbus, Ohio or can also be remote. Frequent (-75%) travel to
plant locations in the U.S.
- Lead the corporate Focused Improvement Pillar and its
foundations as part of the Marzetti Operations Excellence
- Develop and keep up to date on the Operations Excellence
strategy and implementation plan regarding FI and its foundations,
to support each site, including the headquarters, in achieving
- Ensure the FI pillar implementation plan is aligned with
leadership to support the Operational Master Plan and follows the
- Owns all associated FI and the Plant Management System
practices and tools effectiveness, i.e., (Operational Master Plan,
Strategic deployment (IPA), Loss Intelligence, Basic /Advanced
Problem Solving, etc.) including their integration into Daily
Routines as well as other systems, tools, processes as they relate
to the pillar and Operations Excellence/TPM implementation
- Responsible for implementing and leading the FI pillar and the
Plant Management System foundation across a 15-site network and
building a network of strong SME's / pillar owners in each site to
drive the change
- Implement a process to assure effective best practice sharing
and accelerate mutual progress
- Own development and execution of a key part of the overall
"Marzetti Operations Excellence" roadmap implementation across the
USA to deliver business results in all SQPCDM areas
- Provides internal coaching to site leadership teams on "MOE"
system implementation to make breakthrough improvements on OEE/Site
Capacity and Cost optimization. Strong skills in clearly
communicating the why (intent) and the how (execution)
- Drive productivity and efficiency gains through the reduction
of Machine and Material losses to contribute to yearly cost
optimization, productivity and critical OEE goals.
- Responsible to establish a culture of empowerment and rigor
through the FI Pillar governance and measures at all levels through
- Track/understand the FI impact on the business priorities
(results connected with business e.g., OPEX savings triggered by
problem-solving activities) and achievements of FI Pillar (e.g., FI
success stories) to identify potential adjustments / improvements
to be implemented
- Deliver appropriate training and coaching to transfer FI
knowledge to FI Plant Pillars; perform regular coaching visits to
the Plants, ensuring the correct application of methods and
- Coach and mentor plant OPEX leads on "MOE" strategy &
implementation, best practices, and the role of an OPEX manager in
a TPM environment
- Benchmark internally and externally. Be familiar with and drive
the organization toward standards that exceed recognized industry
- Key Partner in Selecting, training, and managing resources
within the Operations and Plants FI Pillar leads.
- Develop a capability building strategy and its training
solutions to advance critical competences across the workforce and
to infuse a continuous improvement culture across all levels of the
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain
required. A Master's degree is a plus
- Successful experience in implementing Total Performance
Management (TPM) and CI across multiple plants for a pillar or
entire CI or TPM program.
- Manufacturing leadership experience in positions of increasing
responsibility demonstrating excellence in results delivery and
standardization of processes.
- Strong experience with JIPM certification, 6 sigma
certification and/or TPM demonstrated mastery.
- You will have TPM strong capabilities and practical application
of FI, AM, PM, Education & Training systems, and tools as well as
Daily Management System.
- You will have a minimum of 7 years working experience in
manufacturing or other related industry in operations or continuous
- Six Sigma Black Belt or above.
- Experience in leading project teams and departments
successfully, preferably in the consumer-packaged good
- Strong analytical mindset and project management
- Proven track record of implementing improvement projects that
leads to measurable financial savings in a sustainable way.
- Strong understanding of Change Management.
- 7+ years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Effective communication skills and ability to be well
Lancaster Colony Corporation and its wholly owned subsidiary T.
Marzetti Company are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for
all associates without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender
identity. It is our goal to provide opportunities that nourish the
growth of each individual team member.
Keywords: T. Marzetti Company, Columbus , Senior Operational Excellence Manager- Focused Improvement, Executive , Ashley, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!