Posted on: November 26, 2022
Engineer Material Handling Equipment Manager Engineering The
Manager of Material Handling Systems will support engineering
design, calculations and conceptual designs for a variety of
material handling solutions. Work closely with Vendors, Operations,
Health & Safety, Finance, and Maintenance to ensure the success of
a project. Capital planning, tracking, and execution of fiscal year
projects with line of sight three to five years out. Complex
problem solving, working with cross functional teams, to ensure
overall project scope is met and delivered on-time. Primary
- Understand basics of mechanical systems and processes for
various types of conveyor systems, especially high speed sortation
systems. Also understand the basics of pneumatic, hydraulic and
conveyor electrical controls applications.
- Participate with project team and client as directed to prepare
or edit project specifications and reports.
- Design system layouts and determine operational requirements so
that a detailed system flow can be generated. Perform all required
calculations to validate system throughput and workability.
- Specify and design system demolition and rework pertaining to
the possible re-use of existing equipment.
- Able to read/review structural support steel layouts and
- Lead mechanical start-up, debug and testing activities and
provide system review and punch-listing.
- Produce, or review and approve system as-built/as-installed
- Perform and manage field checking of existing equipment, sites
- Must be able to travel and accept field assignments to promote
- Responsible for completion of assigned project deliverables as
it relates to cost and schedule.
- Provide project scheduling input for conveyor systems
- Track and communicate project status, both internally and
- Preparing estimates and budgets for proposed MHE
- Completing regulatory documents concerning safety issuesCore
Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Must have the following skill sets -
- Project Management
- Decision Making
- Tasks Delegation
- Installation of large MHE projects
- Innovative Mindset
- Complex Problem Solver
- 5 to 10 years experience managing teams and projects
- Advanced knowledge in the following applications: AutoCad, MS
Office Suite and MS Project
- Effective communication in verbal and written skills, able to
build strategic relationships, and adaptable leader to lead in an
- Skilled in conveyor system design and versed in multiple MHE
- BA/BS degree in Industrial Engineering or qualified equivalent
experience in related fieldWhat you get:We offer a competitive
benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life
insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company
match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About
JCPenney:JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores
across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Companys
flagship store,. JCPenney is one of the nations largest retailers
of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing
portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden
Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and
has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in
the communities it serves.
Keywords: JCPenney, Columbus , Engineering Manager, Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!