Senior Operational Excellence Manager- Autonomous Maintenance
Company: T. Marzetti Company
Location: Canal Winchester
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are currently seeking a Corporate Autonomous Maintenance (AM)
Pillar Leader. This position will be responsible for leading the
Marzetti Operations Excellence (MOE) pillar of Autonomous
Maintenance across fifteen facilities, setting clear standards for
the plants, facilitating replication of best practices, and
promoting a culture of continuous improvement and employee
engagement. This serves as a change agent and coach for the Site
Plant Managers, their leadership teams and the extended leadership
network on effective deployment and execution. - This role is based
out of the corporate office located in Columbus, Ohio or can also
be remote. Frequent (-75%) travel to plant locations in the
- Lead the corporate Autonomous Maintenance Pillar. (Also called
Daily Equipment Care).
- Develop and keep up to date on the TPM strategy and
implementation plan regarding AM, 5S and its foundations, to
support each site, including the headquarters, in achieving their
- Ensure the AM pillar implementation plan is aligned with
leadership to support the Operational Master Plan and follows the
Marzetti Operations Excellence/TPM methodology.
- Owns all associated AM systems and tools effectiveness, i.e.,
(Principle of Operations, Basic Conditions matrix, Tagging, CIL,
Centerline Management) including their integration into Daily
Routines as well as other systems, tools, processes as they relate
to the pillar and Operations Excellence/TPM implementation
- Responsible for implementing and leading the AM pillar and the
Plant Management System foundation across a 15-site network and
building a network of strong SME's / pillar owners in each site to
drive the change
- Implement a process to assure effective best practice sharing
and accelerate mutual progress
- Provides internal coaching to site leadership teams on "MOE"
system implementation to make breakthrough improvements on OEE/Site
Capacity and Cost optimization. Strong skills in clearly
communicating the why (intent) and the how (execution)
- Drive productivity and efficiency gains through the reduction
of Machine and material losses to contribute to yearly productivity
and critical OEE goals
- Responsible to establish a culture of empowerment and rigor
through building capability in leaders to develop equipment owners
in their sites through AM activities
- Ensure that AM capability is built into project deliverables
for new line installations and line relocations
- Coach and mentor plant OPEX leads on "MOE" strategy &
implementation, best practices, and role of a OPEX manager in a TPM
- Partner with multiple functions (SHE, Quality, Engineering,
etc.) to facilitate systems integration and its effectiveness.
- Benchmark internally and externally. Be familiar with and drive
the organization toward standards that exceed recognized industry
- Coach Department managers/pillar leaders to drive the
implementation and execution alongside the plant operational
excellence teams. Assists in training, coach, and asses the plant
autonomous and improvement teams.
- Develop a capability building strategy and its training
solutions to advance critical competences across the workforce and
to infuse a continuous improvement culture across all levels of the
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain
required. A Master's degree is a plus
- Successful experience in implementing Total Performance
Management (TPM) and CI across multiple plants for a pillar or
entire CI or TPM program.
- Manufacturing leadership experience in positions of increasing
responsibility demonstrating excellence in results delivery and
standardization of processes.
- Strong experience with JIPM certification, six sigma
certification and/or TPM demonstrated mastery preferred
- You will have TPM experience and knowledge and practical
application of AM, PM, FI, Education & Training systems, and tools
as well as Daily Management System.
- You will have a minimum of 7 years working experience working
in manufacturing or other related industry in operations or
continuous improvement roles.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or above.
- Experience in leading project teams and departments
successfully, preferably in the consumer-packaged good
- Strong analytical mindset and project management
- Strong understanding of Change Management.
- 7+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Effective communication skills and ability to be well
Lancaster Colony Corporation and its wholly owned subsidiary T.
Marzetti Company are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for
all associates without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender
identity. It is our goal to provide opportunities that nourish the
growth of each individual team member.
Keywords: T. Marzetti Company, Columbus , Senior Operational Excellence Manager- Autonomous Maintenance, Executive , Canal Winchester, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!