Regional Vice President
Company: Safelite Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Does this position interest you? You should apply - even if you
don't match every single requirement! We're known as an auto glass
company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass,
we're so much more. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and
encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever
Safelite's Regional Vice Presidents are agile, collaborative
leaders who set the direction for a business region's retail
operations while driving alignment with the strategic goals of the
enterprise. They have broad oversight for large teams and must
create a culture of high performance and high engagement while
identifying, coaching, and developing the next generation of
Safelite leaders. A critical accountability of the role is driving
execution: RVPs are responsible for operationalizing strategy and
ensuring the delivery of Safelite's world-class customer
experience. Therefore, they must spend time listening to associates
at all levels within their region to understand challenges and
opportunities, and must work through District Managers and Regional
Service Directors to remove obstacles to productivity and implement
best practices. A Regional Vice President takes a highly strategic
approach to their duties and they understand which levers to pull
to drive profit. To be successful, RVPs must create connectivity
between their region and the corporate center, fostering alignment
by cascading key messages down from corporate in an actionable way,
and reporting back on themes and trends in their regions,
influencing corporate strategy. They must be flexible and able to
adapt their approach as Safelite's business model continues to
evolve and innovate; they must model high-integrity leadership for
their teams and inspire commitment to Safelite's goals
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't
be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams
that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary
results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort,
heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care
about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need
to be happy at work and at home.
Leadership and Direction
- Responsible for the full cycle of talent fundamentals including
selection, onboarding, training, development, performance
management, culture and engagement of their team.
- Contextualize and communicate the strategy for achieving the
organization's mission, vision and values within a business
- Inspire a large and diverse workforce of 500+ to commit to the
strategy and to doing extraordinary things to achieve the
organization's business goals.
- Lead through engagement and motivation, understanding the needs
of a primarily mobile workforce, and creating a culture where
everyone is inspired to deliver their best.
- Create a rewarding and positive work environment that
encourages retention of associates. Identify and address any
barriers to retention, including managing associate work-related
Regional Service Center Oversight
- Work collaboratively with Field leadership to oversee and guide
the development of the operational strategy and outcomes for a
regional service center
- Lead and coach a high-performing Regional Service Director
Succession Planning & Capability Building
- Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and
emerging business needs of the region.
- Evaluate current capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize
development activities. Build succession plans for District Manager
and other critical roles, identifying and developing talent with
the ability to grow into more complex and challenging roles
Ensure that hiring practices for critical roles deliver talent with
a long runway, creating a deep bench.
- Direct the development of annual and longer-term business plans
for a large business region, ensuring alignment with corporate
- Quantify business outcomes (i.e. revenue, NPS, job completion
rate, time to serve, wiper sales, quality, profitability, COE, and
associate retention and engagement)
- Work with Field leadership to influence the development of
operating expense budgets and capital expense budgets
- Work with Field finance to influence the development of annual
workforce plans; and review and influence business cases for
projects and programs that have a business impact.
Strategy Formation and Implementation
- Oversee the strategic direction of a large business region and
work to implement strategy in all districts within that region,
working with District Managers and in partnership with Supply Chain
leaders to localize the strategy as necessary.
- Maintain a current understanding of the regional competition
and anticipate trends, challenges, and opportunities in local
markets that impact strategy
- Influence the formation of corporate strategy by giving senior
leadership insight into the dynamics of local markets.
- Oversee the P&L for a business region, ensuring that
revenue and profit goals are met, and understanding which financial
levers to pull to move the organization toward its goals, managing
expenses, maximizing profits and minimizing losses.
Resolving Issues & Challenges
- Work to understand, diagnose, and anticipate the factors that
cause a district to underperform, and work with District Managers
to create and implement mitigation plans and strategies to address
issues and challenges.
- Monitor the performance of mitigation tactics, adjusting
approach as necessary to achieve the desired outcomes.
ATTRIBUTES / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration; OR
- 10+ years leadership and supervision experience, preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Physical requirements are inclusive, but not limited to, the
- Ability to work at a physical retail location within the
- The ability to operate a company vehicle safely and
courteously, adhering to all Company policies and procedures
relating to safety. This includes obeying all traffic laws and
regulations and maintaining a valid driver's license with a driving
record that falls within the Company requirements.
- Ability to satisfy all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Requirements as outlined in the Field Supplemental Handbook, while
in the warehouse, visiting stores, etc.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieves results, even under
tough circumstances. For example, urges the organization to focus
on the topics that matter to business performance. Eliminates
barriers to organizational performance. Provides reinforcement and
support to help people overcome obstacles.
- Develops Talent - Develops people to meet both their career
goals and the organization's goals. For example, builds long-term
succession for key roles. Builds a learning culture in the team;
uses teachable situations to offer insightful coaching. Recommends
and facilitates activities and assignments that help people
- Ensures Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to
meet commitments. For example, fosters a sense of accountability
among leaders and across the organization, personally takes a
strong role in ensuring commitments are met. Reviews and integrates
management information, course correcting, as required.
- Change Management - Applies change management principles and
methodologies to implement strategy and ensure support for and
engagement with critical plans and projects; strategically executes
change plans, anticipating and mitigating confusion, resistance,
- Resourcing and Workforce Planning - Builds strong relationships
with Field Leadership and Field Finance partners, ability to
influence by providing critical local knowledge, ability to balance
resources to meet short and long-term goals
- Customer Service Delivery - Understands the full customer
lifecycle and impacts customer experience by setting and holding
others to high customer service standards; oversees critical
metrics works with District Managers and Regional Service Directors
to create mitigation plans when customer service is not being
delivered to an acceptable standard.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we
do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service
brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at
our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people
come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a
fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be
the best place you'll ever work.
Internal Associates: Already a member of the Safelite team? Apply
through your Workday account by searching 'Find Open Jobs'.
Diversity: Safelite welcomes everyone. We value our diverse
workforce and suppliers, and we're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Learn more at Safelite.com/Careers.
Benefit amounts are estimates only. Actual values will depend on
benefit elections during enrollment.
Keywords: Safelite Group, Inc., Columbus , Regional Vice President, Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!