Manager Lab Operations- MCSA/MCNA
Company: Mount Carmel Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Employment Type: Full time Shift: Day Shift Description: This
position is for a Clinical Laboratory Manager that oversees all
laboratory functions at MCSA & MCNA. Why Mount Carmel? With five
hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of
nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and
community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more
than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a
pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member
of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare
delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94
hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide. We know that
exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues,
so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that
you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including
medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount
Carmel College of Nursing Why Columbus? The nation's 14th largest
city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major
metropolitan areas in the Midwest - ranked #1 for population
growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate
market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports,
world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music
and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and
experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at
www.experiencecolumbus.com! About the job: Clinical Laboratory
Manager: Oversees a minimum of one hospital site including
additional point of care duties for associated Off Site Emergency
Department(s) and/or small hospital(s) laboratories. What you'll
- Managing Operations - Responsible for day-to-day management and
supervision, staffing and scheduling. Ensures specimens are
collected according to policy, tests are run and reported
expeditiously, meeting all QA/QC standards, policies and
- Managing Performance - Provides training, coaching, support,
guidance and development opportunities and ongoing training and
education for all laboratory associates. Responsible for evaluation
of performance and compliance in terms of skills, knowledge,
ability and productivity.
- Ensures that an ongoing, effective program of equipment
preventive maintenance and repair is conducted.
- Conducts regular communication meetings with laboratory
personnel to share new information, solicit input and engage
laboratory staff in decision making.
- Develops and maintains all required policy and procedure
- Financial Performance - Ensures financial performance and
profitability through the development and monitoring of the
operating and capital budget.
- Resource Management - Develops, recommends and implements
plans, goals and policies for resource management of the department
(e.g. budgeting, allocation of human resources, capital expenses,
physical facilities and supplies). Monitors and evaluates resource
utilization and productivity metrics.
- Responsible for communicating, ensuring compliance and
maintaining documentation to meet regulatory requirements.
Maintains accurate statistical data in keeping with the needs of
the laboratory services and outside regulatory agencies (including,
but not limited to JCAHO, CAP, CLIA, OSHA, and ODH).
- Works with the MCHS management team to create, implement and
monitor quality assurance, performance improvement and risk
management programs that ensure quality of services with
appropriate corrective action when indicated.
- Communications - Establishes, maintains, and improves
relationships with peers, associates, pathologists, other MCHS
departments, medical staff, the community and all other
- Must demonstrate and maintain skill and competency in all
technical areas of the laboratory.
- Meets population specific and all other competencies according
to department requirements.
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures
and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence
or adverse outcome to associates and patients What we're looking
- Education: B.S. or B.A. degree, masters degree preferred
- Licensure / Certification: Clinical Laboratory: MLS, CLS, MT
(ASCP) or equivalent, Microbiology: MLS, CLS, MT (ASCP), SM or
equivalent, Pathology: HLT or equivalent.
- Experience: At least three years of of supervisory experience
in a lab setting required. Five years recent medical laboratory
operations management experience preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including human relations
skills, financial management abilities, decision-making abilities
and problem-solving skills. -- Mount Carmel and all its affiliates
are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any
other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Trinity Health is a
family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and
clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations,
our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs,
values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of
the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to
produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us
has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that
these differences often lead to innovative solutions. Our
dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Mount Carmel Health, Columbus , Manager Lab Operations- MCSA/MCNA, Executive , Westerville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...