Supply Chain and Logistics Management Trainee - Warehouse (Penske Logistics)
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Ready to move your career forward? As a Penske Logistics ("PL")
Management Trainee you will use your hard-earned degree to
contribute to the overall success of the business. Looking for cool
projects? You'll discover opportunities to proactively improve
customer's processes, while being exposed to financial reporting
and key performance indicators (KPI's). Like developing teams? Put
your leadership skills to work while learning how to lead a team of
high-energy, driven associates in our fast-paced environment.
Penske will introduce you to our business with industry leading
technology and winning company culture through ongoing training and
mentoring to help cultivate the skills and expertise you need to
succeed in our business. Things move fast at Penske. You will too.
You'll be on a fast track to furthering your leadership career,
with advancement opportunities upon graduation from the program.
Are you eligible?
- You've got an undergraduate degree (Is it in a Business or
Supply Chain field? Even better!)
- Your leadership track record is evident whether in class, on
campus, in your community, or in the military
- You're legally authorized to work in the U.S.A.
- Unfortunately, we are currently unable to sponsor individuals
for employment visas for these positions.
- Each program will last for approximately 9-12 months depending
- You're able to live in Marion, OH. Pay: $25.00 per hour with
average annual of $55,000 (including OT) Our Program: This position
is best suited for candidates who want to gain valuable experience
to launch their career with Penske. Our dedicated training program
will prepare you to ensure the execution of tasks and activities
including selection, loading/unloading of trailers, cross-docking,
and customer service operations in a manner consistent with company
services and cost objectives. Hands-on experience will help you
learn to properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of
warehouse equipment. Upon graduation from the program, you'll be
prepared to lead a small group of hourly associates in a
distribution center management operation.
- Ensure that all associates are motivated, engaged, trained and
competent and understand how their work relates to the customers'
- Foster a safe work environment by complying with and
administering established safety and operational procedures.
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives
and work to meet and exceed these expectations daily
- Effectively resolve issues and monitor day-to-day operations
for compliance using organizational and time management
- Develop a through working knowledge of the site's operating
systems to ensure compliance and exception resolution.
- Learn the Kaizen methodology and implement Lean processes.
Analyze and apply basic principles of inventory management,
receiving goods, storage of goods and shipping goods from a
warehouse environment. Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or Verifiable completion of a 3-year
post-secondary diploma/degree required.
- Internship or related work experience in a customer-facing role
- Military experience is a plus.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to learn and navigate various technology
- Committed to learning and growing; receptive to feedback and
- High level of commitment to operation and job
- Results oriented, attention to detail and effective time
management and organizational skills.
- Builds and develops positive working relationships within
department at all levels.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required. Physical Requirements:
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle and feel, and to
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs./12 kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus. If you're looking for a company ready
to both encourage and challenge you professionally, Penske may be
the place for you. Contact us for more information, we'd love to
talk to you about this opportunity!
- Website: www.GoPenske.com/careers
- Phone: 1-888-236-3560 Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates are required to complete a Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
About Penske Logistics Penske Logistics is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North
America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides
supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies
around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its
design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and
freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Job Category: Logistics/Supply Chain Job Family: Common Address:
1650 Marion-Agosta Rd. Primary Location: US-OH-Marion Employer:
Penske Logistics LLC Req ID: 2326229
Keywords: Penske, Columbus , Supply Chain and Logistics Management Trainee - Warehouse (Penske Logistics), Executive , Marion, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!