Registered Nurse - Assistant Nurse Manager (Geriatrics)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 15, 2018
This RN's role is to provide guidance and leadership to the HBPC staff, role modeling safe, prompt, and skillful nursing care for patients enrolled in the HBPC and Geriatrics programs. The ANM must possess the skills needed to effectively work with others and demonstrate excellent communication skills and a collaborative team work approach. In addition, s/he must demonstrate well-developed organizational and leadership skills and require minimal direct supervision.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00 - 4:30
Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Preferred Experience: Two to three years successful nursing practice in medical/surgical, Home health/Hospice or Geriatric nursing and a BSN from a National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited nursing program, and approved by the State-accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the nurse. License should be current, active, full and unrestricted, meeting the requirements for practice. He/she must have Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Nursing management or lead nurse experience helpful but not required.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Moderate lifting - 15 to 44 pounds; moderate carrying - 15 to 44 pounds; reaching above should; use of fingers; both hands required; walking 6 hrs; standing 6 hrs; kneeling 1 hr; repeated bending 1 hr; both legs required; near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; both eyes required; depth perception; ability to distinguish basic colors; hearing (aid permitted); specific hearing requirements (specify) - using a stethoscope, phone, spoken voice; emotional/mental stability; repetitive computer entry; drug test; excessive noise, intermittent; electrical energy; slippery or uneven walking surfaces; working closely with others; working alone; protracted or irregular hours of work.None
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- VA FORM 0-2850a Signed and Dated Within the Last 90 days
VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search. Required at time of application.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA FORM 0-2850a Signed and Dated Within the Last 90 days
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Columbus , Registered Nurse - Assistant Nurse Manager (Geriatrics), Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!