Highways Section Manager
Company: CHA Companies
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Transportation is the movement of people and goods between
locations. Safe, efficient and effective transportation systems
enable mobility and trade, both of which are essential to social
and economic development, improvement and advancement.
CHA aims to enhance our nation s infrastructure, ensuring goods are
shipped, safety and services provided, and the economy vitalized.
Our transportation specialists plan, design, and help maintain and
construct our nation s most valued infrastructure assets by
providing solutions for public and private transportation owners,
agencies and authorities in more than 16 states.
CHA Consulting is seeking a Highway Section Manager in our
Columbus, Ohio office. CHA is looking for a candidate to lead teams
of engineers for several upcoming Highway projects in Ohio. The
highway projects include bridge replacements, new location
projects, widening projects, rehabilitation, and repair projects
and require the use of innovative design techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for project delivery of simple to complex highway
design projects from inception through completion.
* Manage resources, costs, quality, and on-time delivery to include
production requirements, project schedules, milestone dates, scopes
of work, project designs, status reports, public meetings, and
plans, specifications and estimates packages related to roadway
* Plans, directs and evaluates the work of subordinate engineering
and technical staff, and is responsible for periodic performance
evaluations, recommendations for improvement and determination of
training needs to meet the goals and objectives of the Highway
* This individual will be measured on staff s technical quality,
utilization across all markets and adherence to project
* Participation in various transportation-related organizations and
professional societies to stay abreast of market trends and
technical matters, interact with peers and continue to elevate the
reputation of the company in the industry.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering required; Master s degree
in Civil Engineering is preferred.
* Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Ohio or ability to
obtain within 6 months is required.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* A minimum of 10 years of related highway design experience is
required; experience with ODOT, and local public agency projects is
* Proven hands on experience in all aspects of highway design
projects; demonstrating thorough knowledge of roadway engineering
principles and AASHTO Guidelines.
* A high energy, results-oriented, resourceful manager & leader who
can effectively manage teams to successfully complete highway
related projects on budget & on schedule.
* An articulate and persuasive communicator, both one-on-one and in
front of large groups.
* Strong ability to resolve matters that arise due to technical
issues and workflow.
* Strong delegation skills with the ability to workshare and
supervise staff in other locations.
* Assist in development of proposals, especially technical
approaches, scopes, fees, and technical assumptions.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the consulting business and
importance of client relations.
* Requires working outdoors occasionally. Must be able to walk,
stoop, bend, climb, and stretch. Requires the operation of a motor
vehicle or small truck.
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly
talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer
a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for
our employees professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: CHA Companies, Columbus , Highways Section Manager, Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!