Quality Assurance Area Manager-3rd Shift
Company: Wyandot, Inc.
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Wyandot is a national manufacturer of great tasting,
better-for-you, plant-based snack foods. Founded in 1936, we are
over 80 Years proud!
With our focus on better-for-you products, consumers have a
healthier choice when buying snacks for themselves and their
families. We produce great tasting and award-winning products for
leading and emerging branded food businesses, including
first-to-market chickpea puffs and baby snacks, ready-to-eat
popcorn for a national theater chain, weight maintenance products,
and snacks under the Incredi-Puffs and Munch Rights brands.
Our team-based culture is committed to customer success,
sustainability, and excellence, with a need for teammates who are
passionate about innovation, quality, reducing waste, and finding
ways to add value.
Our growth plan is to double in size over the next three to five
years, including additional locations throughout the US. If you are
looking for a company that can provide a great work environment,
opportunities to contribute to our success immediately, as well as
opportunities for career advancement, Wyandot is the place for
Join our growing team, where we recognize the vital importance of
everyone in the organization. Regardless of the task, we all work
together and realize that each link is as important as the
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of Quality Assurance
- Primarily works as a coach/ facilitator, coordinating with the
other departments to ensure sufficient resources are available to
meet quality and food safety requirements.
- Audits the personnel and food safety as well as the cleanliness
of the plant operation, taking immediate and specific action
anytime either personnel or food safety or cleanliness is
- Coach, evaluate, train, and discipline teammates as necessary
to ensure they reach their full potential.
- Handles confidential information (personnel records) with
- Able to provide positive leadership to teammates in order to
meet or exceed quality and productivity goals in a consistent, safe
- Acts as a resource for all departments and a leader in all
things quality and food safety related.
- The successful candidate must be able to communicate English
clearly in both the verbal and written form.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere and provide the
essential leadership for the team to excel.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years of supervisory
experience is required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Previous experience in a quality assurance laboratory is
preferred; especially in food manufacturing.
- Ability to handle contact with customers, other departments,
upper management, and general public with diplomacy.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision to maintain
performance levels in all areas while under pressure or while in
stressful situations and conditions.
- Must accept the concept of constant improvement and change for
- Must be able to work any shift and have good basic math skills.
Must be able to access, input, and retrieve information from a
Keywords: Wyandot, Inc., Columbus , Quality Assurance Area Manager-3rd Shift, Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!