Pricing & Planning Manager - Ad Sales
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Client Reference Code: 247470
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) grows businesses of all
sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the
power of TV, data, innovation, community experts, and unforgettable
Leads local pricing and inventory planning in support of the
markets Director of Sales (DoS) and Sales Team. Supports the local
team with pricing, yield management and analytical guidance,
including setting rates, supporting pre-sales activities, reviewing
and approving linear inventory orders, identifying market
opportunities, tailoring packages to the local market, and
analyzing pricing and inventory utilization. Coordinate with Field
Finance to identify specific risks and opportunities to support
budgeting and forecasting processes.
Assist the Sales team with identifying salable inventory,
evaluating proposed pricing, coordinating multi-market order
clearance, providing TIM approvals and coordinating reporting and
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Collaborate with Sales and Pricing, Planning and Inventory
(PPI) Leadership on quarterly planning cycles to determine rates
for all networks/dayparts and high profile opportunities (HPO).
Coordinate rate card loading processes with PPI Analytics team.
Update rates during the quarter for individual networks/dayparts
experiencing inventory pressure.
- Partner with Sales team to provide input into account planning
and proposal design. Work closely with Account Planners to identify
inventory opportunities suitable for prospective clients.
- Approves order in TIM. Pre-clears key client orders and
revisions in TIM (includes NCC). Pushes order to DoS for approval
if rates/spot loads are questionable. Works with Account
Executive/Account Coordinator on make-good options if inventory
will not clear. Provides one-on-one inventory guidance to AE during
proposal creation for key clients.
- Provide concise overviews and clear recommendations surrounding
sellout pressure during weekly sales meetings. Monitor/share local
daily inventory reports such as Inside Trak, FutureTrak, and
TrakStar that show open/sold/available inventory.
- Identify schedules for HPO events (date, time, network, etc.).
Ensure daily that all client data is captured correctly. Provide
weekly status updates to sales leaders on event performance
(sellout pressure, rates). Evaluate best practices, both internally
and from other markets, to improve yield on existing
- Work with local Sales Leadership and PPI Analytics team to
identify package configurations (whether designed centrally or
locally) to meet significant client needs and track package
performance as needed.
- Evaluate pricing and rate card realization levels by
zone/interconnect, network and daypart to evaluate progress toward
budget goals and relative performance among Spectrum Reach markets.
Identify areas of potential improvement and/or high achievement to
share with Local Sales team and PPI community.
- 1+ years of Media inventory experience
- 1+ years in a consultative relationships with Sales
- Previous experience in Pricing and Planning strongly
- Works on significant and/or unique problems. Recommends
solutions and best practices.
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques
and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work independently with no supervision and guidance. Acts as a
resource for colleagues. May supervise the activities of others,
but not supervisor.
- Expert level proficiency in appropriate software applications
- Expert knowledge of related field.
- Ability to extract data and write queries
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data from multiple
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Expert technical knowledge of multiple software and databases
(i.e. Excel, Microsoft Word or CSG, Khalik, and EDW)
- Proficiency in preparing executive level reports
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field or equivalent
Job Code : ATF320 PPI Mgr Exempt
Keywords: Spectrum, Columbus , Pricing & Planning Manager - Ad Sales, Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!