Regional Sales Manager
Company: Plasson USA
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Plasson USA is one of the world's largest manufacturers and
marketers of Polyethylene Piping Systems, including a wide range of
pressure HDPE pipe fittings, electrofusion fittings and large
diameter thermoplastic pipes. We are known for our product quality,
superb customer service and technical support. Our customers are
distributors to industry, municipalities and commercial enterprises
worldwide. A large portion of our sales are engineered solutions
where our engineering services team work directly with the
distributors and/or end users to design and specify the correct
product for complex projects. We are looking for an enthusiast and
self-starter individuals for a Regional Business Development and
Sales Managers for our Electrofusion division, responsible for
growing the company's market presence in North America. The
regional manager will identify and pursue Natural Gas Utility
accounts in their territory as well as establish the M&I HDPE
accounts within their region for all Plasson Product lines. The
manager will oversee product introduction and training (as
required) to utilities and consolidators, distributors, contractors
and end users. You will be required to manage approval process for
Plasson's product and will provide forecast information based upon
established customer demand and their current inventory levels
(planned projects, ongoing needs). The Regional BDM will be
required to provide monthly forecast for Plasson's EF products.
Additionally, the Regional BDM will provide forecast for other
Plasson products as requested. The Business Development managers
will have experience in the industry in sales/business
development/technical services of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
and/or Medium Density Polyethylene (MDPE), as well as experience
working with municipalities and natural gas and water/wastewater
utilities in those areas. Key Accountabilities: The Business
Development/Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing current and developing potential customers to achieve
sales goals, focusing on large sizes M&I projects and gas
- Support of the business strategy and marketing plan by
combining technical and commercial knowledge.
- Increase brand recognition and market presence by Participate
in leading professional conferences of NG utilities and their
suppliers, coordinate marketing efforts with PP (catalog
references, shared stands at conferences, newsletter etc)
- Maintain consistent contact with gas utilities and their
Regional Performance Pipe TSM. A minimum number of monthly calls,
visits, training, demo's, etc. will be required and determined with
the Business Leader.
- Act as an in-house expert maintaining a broad competitive
intelligence for your territory
- Collaborate with the Product Approval Manager to approach
approved gas utilities procurement and effect bidding
- Leverage product approvals and additions to increase sales,
verify consolidators are aware of new product approvals and
additions to the product portfolio
- Anticipate market needs, generate new business with new or
- Builds strong customer relationships. Routinely interacts
face-to-face with customers to foster strong relationships and
- Provide input for monthly sales meetings presentation.
- Engages with end users/distribution on bids and tenders. Work
with local customers to identify, quote, engineer, and close
product and solution sales
- Interface to operations, marketing and product line
- Assist with on-site troubleshooting of customers' concerns,
provide technical support as required
- Responsible for making presentations to customers and sales
- Be proactive with on-going sales process to advise key
customers of Company's full-range of products and services.
- Handles special projects and other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. Technical or
Business-related degree a plus
- 5 + years of Technical or Sales (or Marketing, Business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to anticipate client needs and develop appropriate
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Comprehensive, specialized technical knowledge of company's
products and services for area of responsibility and general
knowledge of products and services of other business segments.
- Team oriented, outgoing, positive personality with superior
- Ability to multitask and manage time well
- Knowledge of local market highly desirable
- Experience in strategic planning and business development.
- Ability to analyze financial data and basic financial reports,
statements, and forecasts.
- Strong MS Office skills
- Consistent travel within assigned region. Regular travel
- A legal authorization to work in the United States is a must
for this US based position. Plasson will only employ those who are
legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a
position for which sponsorship will be provided. Plasson is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Plasson USA, Columbus , Regional Sales Manager, Executive , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!