Posted on: April 10, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day. y and pursue your goals for the future, join
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
This position is eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus!
What You Will Do
Responsible for promoting, facilitating, and maintaining health,
well-being, and participation in life through engagement in
occupation. Essentially responsible for all aspects of occupational
therapy service delivery provided under a physician approved plan
of care and accountable for the safety and effectiveness of the
occupational therapy service delivery process.
- Performs comprehensive patient examination and evaluation to
establish a plan of care based on the assessment findings and in
accordance with the physician's approval.
- Ensures the plan of care addresses all problems identified in
the assessment or documents rationale if identified problems are
not addressed in the plan of care.
- Provides occupational therapy services that require the skills
of an occupational therapist and are consistent with the
established plan of care.
- Provides documentation of each visit according to AOTA
Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for
inclusion in the patient's clinical record.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team coordination of
- Provide resources for future ADL and IADL needs.
- Promotes wellness and prevention by promotion of occupational
- Identifies the patient's need for other disciplines and
services and initiates the appropriate referral.
- Acts as a consultant to other care providers as
- Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately and according to
OASIS user's manual definitions.
- Supervises the Occupational Therapy Assistant as follows:
- In accordance with applicable municipal, state, and federal
rules and regulations.
- Provides consistent patient care oversight.
- Serves as OT of record and responsible for the care of the
- Remains accessible by telecommunication, has regularly
scheduled and documented conferences between the OTA and OT, and
makes supervisory visits with the patient.
- Assesses competence of OTA to perform assigned activities.
- Remains available, upon the request of the OTA, for
reexamination of the patient in instances of a noted change in the
patient's response to interventions, a noted change in the
patient's medical status, or a discharge or discontinuation of the
patient from occupational therapy services.
- Includes documentation of supervisory activities in the
patient's medical record; or maintains state required log of all
supervisory activities which is available upon request.
- Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart
audit activities, quality improvement activities, including OBQI
and OBQM, and peer-review activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the
occupational therapist-client relationship.
- Demonstrates knowledge of available community
- Supervises the Home Health Aide when Registered Nurse is not
active in the case. Communicates plan of care changes to the Aide
and other appropriate staff as necessary.
- Keeps abreast of occupational therapy trends and knowledge for
the service provision, documentation, and care coordination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice occupational therapy
specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the
- Graduate of an occupational therapy program accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of
the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. (AOTA), or
successor organizations of ACOTE;
- And, is eligible to take, or has successfully completed, the
entry-level certification examination for occupational therapists
developed and administered by the National Board for Certification
in Occupational Therapy, Inc. (NBCOT).
- One (1+) year related occupational therapy experience to ensure
knowledge and skills are sufficient to safely provide occupational
therapy services to patients.
- If less than one (1) year experience, then approval from
regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring
and/or residency program established.
- Current CPR certification.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Columbus , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Ripley, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!