RN - Competitive Salary
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Provides professional nursing care to a specified group of
patients in a variety of ambulatory care settings.Job
- Assess health status by completing a nursing assessment.-
- Performs telephone triage.-
- Notifies physician/LIP of abnormal findings.-
- Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient,
family, and health care team.
- Collaborates with care coordinators to ensure smooth and
effective transitions of care.
- Assists with specialized diagnostic and therapeutic
- Assist with specialized patient care equipment as required by
the clinical department and medical specialty assigned.-
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by
physician/LIP and monitors patients for response.-
- Initiates CPR and other emergency measures. Covers other
nursing roles within the department
- Provides health education to patients and families.- Develops,
evaluates, adapts, and documents education to learning needs.-
Assists in preparation of the department specific education for
patients and colleagues.-
- Facilitates smooth operation of the ambulatory areas.
- Participates in quality initiatives, process improvements, and
research activities to improve patient outcomes, patient
experience, and patient safety.-
- Maintains professional growth and development in the nursing
field and identified annual core competencies.
- Some RN Ambulatory work may require travel within the region to
support physician clinics and surgical procedures in various
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.- BSN
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- In areas performing moderate sedation procedures and/or cardiac
stress testing, must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification
within 6 months of hire.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a
cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying
education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation
cycle, if they work in -medical oncology, radiation oncology,
-cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy
within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.Competencies
(Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on
patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and
- The ability to travel within Cleveland Clinic regional
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year recent experience as a Registered Nurse.
- If current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in ambulatory Cleveland
Clinic setting transferring into a RN role but remaining in the
same current ambulatory Cleveland Clinic setting will consider
current LPN, Medical Assistant, and/or other unlicensed clinical
healthcare experience (e.g. Dialysis Tech., Ambulatory CT., in lieu
of RN experience,- or if current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in a
clinical role within the same specialty area as ambulatory area
transferring into will consider current LPN, Medical Assistant, and
/or other unlicensed clinical healthcare experience(Dialysis Tech.
, Ambulatory CT., Inpatient PCNA, inpatient C.T., Inpatient LPN, in
lieu of RN experience.-- Current demonstrated clinical
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount,
a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
negligible.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Columbus , RN - Competitive Salary, Healthcare , Chillicothe, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!