Mental Health Technician
Company: River Park Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
ResponsibilitiesRiver Park Hospital is a behavioral healthcare
hospital and a leader in behavioral health care, located in
Barboursville, WV has an opening for a full-time evening shift
Mental Health Tech (MHT). This opening with rotating weekends.
Shift differentials are available for applicable
shifts/days.Benefits for a Mental Health Technician include:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off (21 PTO days
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible scheduling with 2 weekends off per month
- 7 days off per pay periodJob Description Essential Core
- Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic
relationship throughout the healthcare continuum.
- Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and
family's right to receive safe, quality, and cost effective care.
Maintains and protects confidentiality regarding all aspects of
patient care and information.
- Patient Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the
learning needs of patients by utilizing appropriate resources to
meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Patient Safety: Conducts patient rounds related to routine and
heightened observation status. Interacts in a therapeutic manner to
decrease crisis within the patient care setting.
- Leadership/Collaboration: Demonstrates respect and
understanding for patients, peers and other clinical disciplines
and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to
implement an integrated approach to care. Demonstrates leadership
behaviors and is committed to the development of self and
- Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid certification as a nursing assistant preferred
- Six months experience in a mental health setting
preferredKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and good computer
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- Basic clerical skills. Basic experience with office equipment
(telephone, copy machine, fax).
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out
written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow
instructions, and to accept constructive criticism when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to interact with patients
with varying levels of cognitive functioning.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work professionally
with other personnel, patients, family members and guests.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
emotionally upset, varying age population, and, at times, hostile
people within the Hospital.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to
work effectively with patients, personnel, and support
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
EEO StatementAll UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an
environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities
are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are
equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully
commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and
compensation of individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.We believe
that diveristy and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our
success.NoticeAll UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources
departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates
by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career
path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a
highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or pesonal information (Social Securuity Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail,
Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or
job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know
by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or
Keywords: River Park Hospital, Columbus , Mental Health Technician, Healthcare , Barboursville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!