Medical Interpreter CSCC Interpreters
Company: Nationwide Children's Hospital
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Medical Interpreter CSCC Interpreters - Spanish
NCH promotes care consistent with federal laws and regulation in
order to ensure equitable access to and the ability for families
and patients to understand and utilize information related to their
care.Clear, accurate communication is essential to the provision of
quality health care. When language differences create a barrier to
this communication, interpretation services are needed to bridge
this gap. The Medical Interpreter facilitates communications
between health care providers and individuals with limited English
proficiency. The Medical Interpreter that is knowledgeable in the
culture of the patient and family and the health care environment
also clarifies information that cannot be literally translated into
another language and, when necessary, provides a cultural framework
for understanding the message being interpreted.Medical
Interpreters are required to become Certified Healthcare
Interpreter or Certified Medical Interpreter within 6 months of
hire. They are responsible of providing age-appropriate care to
patients from the age of birth through 21 years, and select adult
Full Time, Benefits Eligible, 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Location:Livingston Ambulatory Center 385 Butterfly
GardensColumbus, Ohio 43215United States
1. Completion of medical interpreting training required: [40
Hours]2. Proof of language proficiency.
3. CCHI Certification preferred, can be obtained within 6 months of
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you
meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk
with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome
to Nationwide Children's Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We're 13,000 strong. And it takes every
single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and
the kids from around the world we'll never even meet. Kids who are
living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share.
We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise
to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new
discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children's badge what they do for a
living. They'll tell you it's More Than a Job. It's a calling. It's
a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly
matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children
Nationwide Children's Hospital. A Place to Be Proud
* The Medical Interpreter implements and supports the philosophy,
mission, values, standards, policies and procedures of Children's
Hospital and the Patient Care Services Division. The Medical
* Literally and accurately transmit what has been said from one
language into another in order to support the communication between
the health care provider and the patient/family.
* Clarifies information that cannot be literally translated from
one language into another in order to facilitate understanding
between the health care provider and the patient/family.
* Provides a cultural framework for the message being interpreted
when necessary to prevent misunderstanding between the health care
provider and the family.
* Clarifies role of Medical Interpreter to patient/family and
health care provider.
* Serves as a resource to health care providers regarding providing
culturally competent care to patient/family.
* Serves as a resource to patients and families regarding the
culture and practices of NCH. This includes supporting patient
navigation and care coordination outside of typical interpreter
* Site translate simple written patient specific health care
information or care instruction into the language of the patient as
* Abides by the Medical Interpreter Code of Ethics
* Maintains confidentiality of patient/family and CHI
* Maintains non-judgmental attitude
* Respects patient self-determination- shall not influence the
opinion of the patient/family.
* Discloses any real or perceived conflicts of interest
* Maintains professional boundaries
* Completes necessary documentation of interpreter services
* Seeks to increase and maintain interpreter skills and knowledge
through continuing studies and training.
* Is punctual, prepared and dressed in an appropriate manner.
* Other duties as assigned including contacting other agencies for
services for patients and families and supporting scheduling
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Bilingual. Fluency in English required.
* Completed accredited medical interpreter training
* HS diploma or GED. Two years of College experience preferred
* Experience interpreting in a health or human service organization
* Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
* Ability to work with diverse populations from various economical
backgrounds and age group.
* Ability to work as an effective member of a dedicated team.
* Ability to work in a fast paced Health Care environment with a
variety of customer service needs.
* Effective customer service, communication and interpersonal skill
* Formal interpreter training preferred.
* Valid driver's license
* One-year experience either working in a health care organization
or interpreting in a health care of social service organization is
* Obtain National Certificate in Healthcare Interpreting CHI or CMI
within 6 months of hire.
Minimum Physical Requirement:
* Must be able to see, hear, speak, and perform manual tasks with
or without accommodation and care for oneself, with little or no
* Performance of principal duties may require ability to
Keywords: Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus , Medical Interpreter CSCC Interpreters, Healthcare , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!