Registered Nurse - Diley Ridge - Inpatient/Obs - Part Time Nights
Company: Mount Carmel Health System
Location: Canal Winchester
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Employment Type:Part timeShift:12 Hour Night ShiftDescription:An
affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical Center, Diley
Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical complex that
includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services as well as an
attached medical office building. Located in Canal Winchester, the
center serves patients throughout northern Fairfield County,
including the communities of Pickerington, Groveport, Canal
Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet Township.
At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we're proud to be a part of the
lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for
experienced nurses who have a strong spirit of community, sense of
teamwork and constant focus on excellence. We need passionate
nurses who provide personalized care by focusing on each patient's
emotional, social and spiritual needs.
As a member of the Diley Ridge nursing team, you'll be expected to
deliver compassionate, professional healthcare in a collaborative
setting. In addition to providing hands-on nursing care, you'll be
asked to effectively communicate, think critically, identify needs,
wisely use resources and exercise competency in judgment among
other tasksJob Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and
- Education: Graduate from a school of nursing, BSN
- Licensure / Certification: Current license to practice as a
Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
- Experience: Previous health care experience, in an acute
hospital setting preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize and manage patient
care, including delegation to and supervision of other members of
the patient care team.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, verbal and written
- BLS Healthcare Provider, required upon employment.
- ACLS required, or willing to complete with in first year of
- PALS required, or willing to complete with in first year of
- Job Related Skills: Good communication, human relationship, &
team orientation skills when dealing with co-workers, patients,
families, physicians, and general public.Job RelationshipsReports
- Director of Patient Care Services, Assistant Clinical Manager,
Charge Nurse or designeeSupervises:
- Directs licensed and unlicensed staff in work related
activities and contributes to performance appraisals as requested
by the Director of Patient Care Services / Assistant Clinical
Manager / President and COO.Job ResponsibilitiesEssential
- Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards: (1) role
modeling excellence for all to see.(2) Provides for periodic
rounding on patients & families, providing updates and initiating
service recover on identified issues. For example: demonstrates
friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a
professional environment and provides first class service.
- Clinical Practice: (1) Delivers patient care for an assigned
group of patients, utilizing the nursing process (assessment,
planning, implementation & evaluation). (2) CLIA-waived testing
(i.e.) point of care glucose, urine pregnancy & urinalysis.
- Delegation: Accepts responsibility for the direction of
co-workers and support staff in the implementation of patient
- Communication: (1) Communicates pertinent clinical information
to appropriate members of the patients care team. (2) Keeps patient
& families appraised and updated. Establishes and maintains
positive communication with patients and families.
- Education: Coordinates & facilitates patient and family
- Continuity Planning: Identifies discharge needs, participates
in planning & completes discharge, transfer & continuity of care
forms as appropriate to ensure a coordinate hand off of patient
- Safe Practice: (1) Verifies and implements physician & other
licensed independent practitioner orders.(2) Administers
medications according to the organization's standards, policies,
procedures, and or guidelines. (3) Initiates appropriate emergency
procedures and administers life-supporting drugs / treatments under
the direction of a physician. (4) Practices positive patient
identification. (5) Maintains equipment appropriate to the care
- Collaboration: Collaborates with physicians and other health
care disciplines regarding the patient's plan of care. Initiates
appropriate non-physician consults (i.e. dietary, social services,
- Documentation: Provides accurate and complete documentation in
accordance with standards, policies, procedures and
- Computer Skills: (1) Utilizes computer systems, appropriate to
position effectively. (2) Appropriate use of the internet and
- Initiative: (1) Assumes responsibility to facilitate
improvements in patients care, staff & physician relationships and
the working climate. (2) Responsible & accountable for professional
development and the maintenance of licensure. (3) Assumes
responsibility for own education. (4) Assists in orientation of new
staff & supports student experience as requested. (5) Accepts
charge nurse responsibility as assigned. (6) Assists in maintenance
of departmental compliance with continuous regulatory
readiness.Other Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity
through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to
collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices
that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to
established policies and procedures, which may include wearing of
personal protective equipment.
- Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach
that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental
- Exhibits a customer service and community focus.
- Fosters a climate that will assist Diley Ridge Medical Center
to fulfill its mission.
- All other duties as assigned.Trinity Health's Commitment to
Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Mount Carmel Health System, Columbus , Registered Nurse - Diley Ridge - Inpatient/Obs - Part Time Nights, Healthcare , Canal Winchester, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!