Nursing Assistant (NA) - PRN Days
Company: Select Specialty Hospital - Columbus East
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OverviewCritical Illness Recovery Hospital -Nursing Assistant
(NA) -7a-7p PRN Available to work 4 shifts in a 6 week period -
-Pay: - $18.00 per hour - - -At Select Specialty Hospitals, a
division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically
ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select
Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides
quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day
across our four divisions. -Our mission is to provide an
exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and
recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a
vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors -
celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered,
creating change, thinking first and building trust. -Do you love
the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you
passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you
answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
-ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for valued employees who will be
Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the
patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community
in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new
ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is
right. -As a Nursing Assistant (NA), you will be working alongside
highly skilled clinicians and some of the best critical care nurses
in the country. You will work under the general supervision of a
Registered Nurse and perform routine tasks in patient care, bedside
nursing, and documentation of care provided.
- Performing services for the patient involving bathing using
basin-less bath products, oral hygiene, oral feeding and care of
- Answering patient lights and performing services in a timely
manner that adds to the physical well-being of the patient.
- Participating in hourly rounds.
- Transporting patients to and from various treatment centers
when necessary; assisting transporters in moving patients in and
out of stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of various instruments and
equipment such as bedpans, urinals and wheelchairs.
- Keeping the patients rooms in clean and orderly condition,
including making beds.
- Maintaining unit stock levels of supplies and equipment as
directed.QualificationsYou will demonstrate an understanding of
patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and
understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing
superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who
thrives in a dynamic environment. -Minimum requirements:
- High school diploma/equivalent or relevant work experience (3+
- BLS required within 90 days of hire.
- Requires hospital experience as a nursing assistant,
certification as a nursing assistant, or experience in a related
field such as a medical assistant or as an actively enrolled
nursing student.Nursing students may be considered as nurse
assistants if approved by the State Practice Act.Additional
DataSelect Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life
balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling
careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of
registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical and
occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and
physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.We'd love for you to join the
team! -Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that
reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and
employees are treated during employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Specialty Hospital - Columbus East, Columbus , Nursing Assistant (NA) - PRN Days, Healthcare , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!