Travel Registered Nurse
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Position SummaryThe Traveling Registered Nurse is responsible
for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and
Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6
Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for
upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive
working relationships within the Company, among all departments,
and all external stakeholders. The Traveling Registered Nurse will
travel extensively as s/he will be working in various locations as
needed. Assignments may vary from 8-13 weeks (about 3 months).
While not on assignment, the Traveling Registered Nurse may work in
their home program as needed. The Traveling Registered Nurse
functions as a member of the homecare team to provide routine and
emergency assessment of patients, education to patients and
caregivers, and care coordination to ensure the needs of patients
and their families are met. S/he helps the patient and family
maintain their maximum level of comfort and coping. S/he works in a
flexible schedule to meet agency staffing needs and responsible for
applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory
agencies and other certified agencies.Position Specific
- Travels to assigned program based on need where there is a
vacant position, increase in census, or when additional staffing is
deemed necessary. Assignments may vary from 8-13 weeks (about 3
- Admits patients and performs routine and emergency assessments
on each patient as indicated by departmental policy.
- Coordinates clinical and all disciplines, PT (Physical
Therapy), OT (Occupational Therapy), MSW or HHA (Home Health Aide),
as indicated by Plan of Care through case management.
- Ensures documentation at bedside by recording observations,
treatments, and other pertinent information.
- Communicates with Hospice IDT (Interdisciplinary Team), Medical
Director and Attending Physician as directed regarding measures to
alleviate symptoms, and monitors response to measures
- Prevents unwarranted hospitalizations by meeting patient and
family needs in the home.
- Collaborates with IDT to meet needs of patient for clinical and
psycho-social interventions and to coordinate hospice/home health
care for the patient and family to ensure appropriateness,
continuity, and quality of care.
- Develops and updates care plans following each POC change and
ensures updates are made from the psycho-social staff.
- Educates patients and caregivers regarding care of patients,
disease process, symptom control, wound care, and IV therapy.
- Completes referral and admission assessments as requested.
- Supervises the care provided by Hospice and Home Health
Licensed Practical Nurses and Hospice and Home Health Aides.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Education and/or Experience
- Registered Nurse with a current, unencumbered nursing license
in state(s) of employment.
- Minimum of one year nursing practice or equivalent experience
- Home Health, Hospice, Oncology, and/or long-term care
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Strong
written and verbal communications.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand, read, write,
and speak English. Articulates and embraces home health philosophy.
Working knowledge of nursing principles, standards, and
applications. Knowledge of use of medical devices, ambulatory
aides, assistive and resistive devices, and training. Knowledge of
medical terminology. Ability to work with all types and levels of
patients. Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be
able to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends.
Must be able to travel.Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
- Registered Nursing License in state of employment as well as
ability to obtain nursing license in states that team member will
be delivering care.State SpecificLouisiana
- Two (2) years full time experience as a Registered Nurse. Two
(2) years full-time clinical experience as a Licensed Practice
Nurse in hospice shall be sufficient in place of clinical
experience as a registered nurse.
- One (1) year full time experience as a Registered Nurse or
three (3) years full time continuous employment as a Licensed
Practical Nurse immediately preceding Registered Nurse
licensure.Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear.
The colleague frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with
hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally required to walk;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or
smell. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move more than 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision. The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. There will be possible
exposure to infectious diseases through working with clinical
caregivers. The noise level in the work environment is usually
At Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, diversity,
equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our Pillars of Success. We
are committed to creating a fair work environment where our
colleagues feel welcomed, highly valued, and respected. As an equal
opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status.Estimated salary range $30.00 - $48.28 / hour. Actual salary
will vary by geographic location and experience.#LI-RG1
Keywords: Compassus, Columbus , Travel Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!