Registered Nurse - ER @ Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus (1st and 3rd shift)
Company: TrailBlazer Staffing Solutions
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Position: Registered Nurse - Emergency Room (ER)
Responsible For planning, coordinating, and providing general
nursing care for patients. Coordinates continuity of patient care
by communicating with other team members. Educates and informs
patients and caregivers regarding medical procedures and care
requirements. Monitors patient health takes vital signs and
administers medications and IV applications. Charts records, and
documents patient status and all required medical information.
Contacts Physicians regarding serious patient conditions as
Education / Licensure:
- Associate or Bachelor's in Nursing
- State RN License
- Minimum Three (3) years of Emergency Room experience in an acute
- EPIC experience required.
- BCLS/ACLS certification required.
- NIHSS required.
- PALS required.
- Applies scientific, behavioral, and humanistic principles for
application to clinical practice. Adheres to standards established
within the assigned department.
- Utilizes and supports practice guidelines.
- Analyzes initial and ongoing assessment data to determine nursing
diagnoses and patient outcomes.
- Assesses patient health problems and needs.
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age and
psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that
prescribe interventions to obtain expected outcomes.
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and
families into multi-disciplinary patient care plan.
- Develops, Coordinates, and implements transfer/discharge planning
throughout episode of care.
- Implements nursing interventions according to department,
division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to
maintain a safe environment for patient's visitors and staff.
- Follows universal precautions.
- Implements emergency care procedures in potential or actual
emergencies according to department policies, procedure, and
- Maintains skill/competency related to special equipment,
medications, and procedures common to the patient population of the
- Maintains skill/competency as required by JCAHO.
- Evaluates patient's response to the multidisciplinary care.
- Uses evaluation data to revise and implement change.
- Assumes accountability for the provision of care for
- Assumes responsibility for care provided by self and other staff
members (licensed practical nurses, nursing assistants, and unit
clerks) under the nurse's direction. Maintains medical records and
- Practices within legal boundaries of the Nurse Practice Act.
- Complies with hospital policies.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication
Keywords: TrailBlazer Staffing Solutions, Columbus , Registered Nurse - ER @ Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus (1st and 3rd shift), Healthcare , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!