Surgical Scrub Tech
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Summary: Anticipates the needs of the surgical team.
Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures
in the operating room.
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle,
and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning
areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all
patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attends inservices, conferences, and meetings as required.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care
environment.--Required Skills:To perform this job successfully, an
individual shall be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma / GED; completion of a Scrub Technician
Program. Certification preferable. Two years experience as a Scrub
Tech in multiple specialties or an equivalent combination of
education and experienceEmployment practices will not be influenced
or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals
with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: USPI, Columbus , Surgical Scrub Tech, Healthcare , Marion, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...