Clinical Regulatory Specialist
Company: Mount Carmel Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Employment Type: Full time Shift: Day Shift Description: Why
Mount Carmel? With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient
clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and
extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel
Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio
each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than
130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's
largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring
spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of
our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in
return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do
the right thing. What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including
medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities' at the Mount
Carmel College of Nursing
- Mount Carmel offers DailyPay - if you're hired as an eligible
colleague, you'll be able to see how much you've made every day and
transfer your money any time before payday.You deserve to get paid
every day! Why Columbus? The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus,
Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the
Midwest - ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1
for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant
blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative
cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be
found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in
Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com! About the job:
Regulatory Specialist designs, directs and facilitates
implementation of effective systems to evaluate compliance and
assure continuous accreditation and regulatory compliance. Scope
includes Mount Carmel owned and affiliated entities managed by
Mount Carmel Health System. What you'll do:
- Accountable for the preparation and support of wholly owned
facilities, relative to regulatory and licensure compliance.
- Responsibility includes multi-site locations and requires
travel to each of the facilities.
- Assists in scheduled/unannounced surveys by regulatory
- Assists in evaluation of regulatory compliance and operations
from a process perspective across departments and/or multiple
- Facilitates and uses change principles to accomplish regulatory
compliance and continuous survey readiness.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate openness to new ways of
- Facilitates communication both external and internal to
affiliated organizations as necessary to meet regulatory
- Advises on matters regarding regulatory requirements in the
development and implementation of organization plans or
- Serves as a liaison with external agencies (CMS, ODH, JCAHO,
etc) as well as Trinity Health System.
- Provides consultation for practical and reasonable
interpretations of regulatory requirements.
- Assists in organizational planning for integration of
regulatory requirements into daily work activities.
- Manages medical staff dynamics to facilitate effective
discussions and participation in regulatory compliance
- Works with diverse groups, settings and varied kinds of
- Develops and/or assists in conducting educational programs or
in-services related to regulatory requirements as needed or
requested by the organization.
- Serves as project manager as needed for organizational
- Provides, as requested, consulting services to non-MCHS owned
health care entities for purposes of building targeted
- Tailors implementation approaches to different sites and
- Assists managers in identifying solutions to challenging
- Provides assistance to the Privacy Officer as needed.
- Serves as the Chairperson for the MCHS Administrative Policy
- Serves as the administrative liaison with organ procurement
- Participates in activities which promote own professional
growth and development. What we're looking for:
- Minimum Education Requirement Baccalaureate Degree in Health
Care field required. Master's in Nursing, Allied Health, or
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years recent hospital practice.
Clinical and management experience preferred.
- Broad based clinical or management leadership experience with
knowledge of complex systems and systems change with demonstrated
success in tactical and analytical thinking.
- Knowledge of performance improvement systems and process
thinking principles and designs.
- Current knowledge of regulatory and accrediting
- Proficient computer, written and verbal communications skills;
excellent presentation skills with ability to relate effectively to
physicians, all levels of the organization and employees in a
flexible and adaptive fashion.
- Innovative, self directed, flexible, and collaborative.
- Readily accepts change and influences organizational
- Understands and applies group process skills.
- Demonstrates a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Able to incorporate standards interpretation into day-to-day
- Able to mobilize action; interactive. -- Mount Carmel and all
its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical
disability or any other classification protected under local, state
or federal law. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions. Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Mount Carmel Health, Columbus , Clinical Regulatory Specialist, Healthcare , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...