Medical Assistant - King Lincoln
Company: Equitas Health
Posted on: May 28, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: The Medical Assistant supports the clinical
team by completing administrative tasks related to patient care.
-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Essential functions of the job include,
but are not limited to, traveling, driving or having reliable
transportation; written communication; utilizing a computer for
typing and patient care; attending meetings. MAJOR AREAS OF
- Room patients, obtain vitals and update basic health
information in electronic health record (EHR).
- Review and complete daily tasks such as scanning, completing
referral requests, answering phones, prior authorizations and
handling medical records requests as requested by nursing
- Log all medications administered in appropriate logs, ensuring
that all are accounted for against proper inventory accounts.
- Prepare exam rooms for patient visits by sterilizing and
cleaning surfaces, and restocking supplies. -
- Document all care provided and interactions with patients in
- Process patient referrals for specialty care and follow-up, as
needed, to ensure quality specialty care was provided.
- Complete data entry.
- Work in a collaborative manner with medical case managers to
ensure that patient paperwork is completed.
- Provide follow up phone calls to clients or other professionals
- Comply with the Equitas Health Care Corporate Compliance
Standards of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Participate in other agency meetings as requested by supervisor
including continuous quality improvement committee meetings.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and
conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on
exceptional customer service.
- Continuously grow and develop cultural competency, exhibiting
an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity. -
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating
unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees,
interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for
- Conduct special projects and perform any other related duties
as assigned by the Nurse Practitioner or Medical Director.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- Certification in CPR/BLS.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- One year or greater experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working in electronic health records required. Epic
- Ability to work Saturdays.
- Exemplary customer service as well as written and verbal
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in
cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices,
chemical dependency and a demonstrated competence in working with
persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community. -
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other
computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver's license and proof of auto
insurance required. - - - - -SIGNING BONUS: $1,500.00!!! - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - OTHER INFORMATION: Background and
reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including
working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals
are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit
for an interview and at that time complete an application for
employment. Completing the application does not guarantee
employment. In accordance with Equitas Health's Drug-Free Workplace
Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered.
Keywords: Equitas Health, Columbus , Medical Assistant - King Lincoln, Healthcare , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...