Medical Assistant- Columbus Endocrinology
Company: Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians,Inc
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians is seeking a Medical
Assistant to join our Columbus Endocrinology office in Columbus,
OH! As a Medical Assistant for COPC you are joining a team that
strives to be the best for Primary Care. You will be leading the
nation with a system that supports the entire care of each COPC
patient. A model we believe is THE BEST FOR PRIMARY CARE! This
position is responsible for providing administrative and clinical
support to ensure efficient delivery of primary health care and
creating a positive patient experience. This role will be full-time
working first shift hours Monday- Friday. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND
- Work closely with the clinical care team to deliver the best
care for our patients.
- Foster a climate allowing for direct communication between the
care team, patient/caregiver and appropriate care providers to
- Collaborate with other care team members to address gaps in
care (chart prep).
- Promote and facilitate improved clinical outcomes and patient
satisfaction, as well as efficient use of resources.
- Act as a patient advocate to ensure highest quality of care for
- Set-up medical equipment and perform related tests as
applicable, administer injections, and perform routine specimen
collection and point of care tests.
- Responsible for vaccine administration as directed.
- Interview patients regarding medical concerns and obtain
- Measure and record vital signs, such as pulse rate,
temperature, blood pressure, height and weight in patients'
- Responsible for blood draws and specimen processing.
- Assist in performing routine medical procedures as
- Prepare patients and treatment rooms for exams. Drape patients
with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- Review physician orders and lab requests and follows up as
needed. Call in prescriptions/order refills as approved and
- Communicate test results to patients as directed.
- Assist in patient education with related educational tools,
periodicals, flyers, and handouts.
- Assist with applicable forms and patient paperwork (not limited
to processing of referrals, prior authorizations or
- Respond to patient phone calls, as appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area. Maintain patient
confidentiality in alignment with HIPAA regulation.
- Attend meetings and participate in classroom activities as
- All other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Education, Licensures & Certifications
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent
- Required: Graduate of a Medical Assistant program
- Preferred: MA certification Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Self-disciplined, energetic, passionate, and innovative
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients
and other external parties in a courteous and friendly manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
- Ability to communicate clearly and document efficiently in
- Knowledge in vaccine administration, storage, handling and
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology
- Knowledge of patient care and examination procedures
- Knowledge of using medical equipment and instruments to
administer patient care
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe work environment
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications,
- Skill in taking vital signs
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public
- Customer service skills; social perceptiveness and service
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and
Keywords: Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians,Inc, Columbus , Medical Assistant- Columbus Endocrinology, Healthcare , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!