Intervention Specialist School
Company: Maxim Government Services
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Academic/Faculty/Research opening in Columbus, Ohio. This and other administrative/education jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking Intervention Specialist to provide services in a school setting located in Columbus, OH. Travel packages are available, to include tax free stipends for lodging, meals and incidentals. Maxim can assist with relocation, temporary lodging, and obtaining necessary state licensure and/or certification prior to contract start date!POSITION SUMMARY:The Intervention Specialist provides support for students with learning, social/emotional, and/or behavioral needs. The Intervention Specialist will work directly with students who have IEPs to provide the academic assistance, behavioral interventions, and emotional support needed to progress successfully in the program.This position requires direct service in varied physical, mental, and emotional environments and as such, requires creativity, self-reliance, curiosity, resourcefulness, patience, resilience, a sense of humor, and the ability to hold one's composure under stress. The nature of this position involves exposure to trauma, vicarious trauma, and physical, mental, and emotional stress. A strong candidate will have a firm understanding of personal and professional boundaries while being able to exercise compassion and empathy in any given moment, and an ability to hold and seek personal balance for sustainable positive results.Full TimeEssential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Instructional Assistant Direct Service
- Works directly with students with disabilities.
- Provides 1:1 and/or small group support to caseload students.
- Provides support to caseload students in the general education classrooms.
- Works with individual students or small groups to reinforce material introduced in the general education classroom.
- Assist students with adaptive technology as needed (i.e. Kurzweil).
- Breaks down difficult tasks into reasonable segments.
- Acts as a role model for communication skills and professionalism.
- Offers resources and guidance related to disability services, rights, and responsibilities.
- Provides scheduled 1:1 and/or small group instruction and/or support during academic breaks (CASAS, in-progress work, portfolio requirements)
- Administers supplemental and/or remedial academic skill-building curriculum during academic breaks (targeted math, reading, writing, speaking)Collaboration
- Assists with assessments, including formal documentation and preparing materials.
- Confers and plans daily with the Resource Specialist and/or the full-time Instructional Assistant.
- Alerts the Supervisor of any problems that arise or pertinent information regarding caseload students.
- Works collaboratively with the Head of School, Dean of Students, Case Counselors, teachers, and other support staff to ensure that students on the caseload are adequately and appropriately supported.
- Coordinates caseload students' sessions with mentors, academic coaches, and other volunteers.
- Communicates consistently with classroom teachers on caseload student assignments, projects, assessments, and general classroom issues.
- Organize and update teacher-provided materials for previous and upcoming termsAdministration
- Follows organizational systems for caseload students.
- Follows and implements 504 Plans, IEPs, and Behavior Support Plans.
- Follows confidentiality guidelines.
- Provides testing modifications and accommodations, including read aloud and taking dictation.Qualifications, Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and skills (academic proficiency in core subject areas)
- Ideal candidate would hold a Special Education credential and/or have experience in Special Education environments
- Ability and willingness to use a strengths-based approach to support every student with learning needs and implement IEP and 504 plans and behavior support plans
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prior experience working with high school or college-aged students
- High level of cultural competency and demonstrated ability to work effectively across racial difference
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Patience and understanding with student needs and behaviors
- Ability to use good judgment and take initiative to modify activities and environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with general and special education staff and support staff
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to seek out and evaluate internet resources
- Desire to work and learn as part of an innovative teamJob Type: Full-timeExperience:
- Special Education: 1 year (Preferred)Education:
- Bachelor's (Required) Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we're known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you. EOE/AAE For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Courtney Rogers at or email your resume to Keyphrases: medical faculty jobs, medical research jobs, biostatistics faculty jobs
Keywords: Maxim Government Services, Columbus , Intervention Specialist School, Healthcare , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!